Unusal behaviour - windows or pc?

Reaction score
Run memtest to eliminate a bad ram piece as well. 67 degrees (C or F). If C then leaning towards a heat issue, but would be more worried if it was 80-90C. If 67F then no heat issue, would look at ram.

Reaction score
Thanks it is C - seems old CMOS battery was low in power anyway so least that replaced; have passed to an engineer now so hopefully they can fix it - will let you know what outcome is to help others.

Reaction score
The new CMOS battery is in now. I ran HWMonitor in windows along side scan - it got to 125 thousand files and temperature said 67 degrees and then it turned itself off
well 67C is hot but not hot enough to shut down your computer I'm sure you would have blown out your computer while you had it open.
Did you time change again or did it hold? If it held then that was probably the problem. However, with all the crashes you've had your OS is probably trashed along with some of your programs and maybe some of your data. There are some things you can try
DSIM tools, you'll have to be able to access a command prompt in admin mode. Then type in each of these tool one at a time
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
SFC /scannow.
Also, your hard drive could be failing whichever brand you have there support website will have a tool to check it out.
if all this fails you can reset windows check out the articals below expaining how to reset window from within windows or it you can't boot into windows.
https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/reset-windows-10-when-windows-wont-boot.14/
https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/reset-windows-10-from-within-windows.13/

If all this fails your Motherboard has probably failed

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The time changed when it went off again but when I selected change time automatically it synced with the internet.

I changed the mains adaptor to see if it would make any difference, stayed on longer and over 200 thousand files done and a bit longer staying on but turned itself off.

Scannow was done, no issues found

Will advise what engineer has found. Hope not the motherboard.

Reaction score
the engineer fixed it

a) no thermal paste was found on heat sink
b) one of the RAM sticks was having the problem as well

Thanks to all who suggested

Reaction score
Machine back now. It seems that the extra RAM supplied was faulty to begin with and was not enough thermal paste - anyone think I should do a not as described with Ebay, got it August 2017 - is it too late?

Reaction score
Monitor your rig, it should be 45C +/-5C IDLE, in running streams +/- 10C i.e. 50C. If it is within that realm, OK. Very Small Form Factor cases apply more heat conditions onto 'otherwise' Laptop components. Ebay bought? Aug '17. If you bought from stock dealer, then is still under warranty - if engineer was also 'stock dealer', then get them to RMA. If bought Ebay look at terms n conditions of sale. RAM, Bios Battery replacement, reducing heat are Warranty issues i.e. you shouldn't pay. Hope all turns out in your favour. - MF ZCZC

Ask a Question