Unusal behaviour - windows or pc?

Reaction score
Anyone come across this unusal behaviour of my PC? It seems to at random turn off at the base unit; I have to unplug it at the back and then plug it

Could this be Windows 10 problem or the PC?

It is an Intel i5
6GB Ram
1tb hard drive
Windows 10 Pro
make is a Fujitsu Q9000

No viruses or malware have been found. Use Avast - also ran Malwarebytes said Linked In App for Chrome virus but removed that and Chrome, problem still persists.

Thanks

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
It seems to at random turn off at the base unit; I have to unplug it at the back and then plug it
Is there more than one way to turn your PC off? What do you mean by the base?

Check your power button settings...to make sure that it powers down with the power button and you don't have sleep mode turned on.

Reaction score
Hello

No it just seems if I am doing things the machine automatically powers off and as I said the clock goes out of sync. If I do not do anything e.g. watch TV for hour or so it does not turn off.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
seems if I am doing things the machine automatically powers off
What things?

and as I said the clock goes out of sync.
This is the first you mentioned a clock out of sync. You're saying that your clock in the notification area is not keeping the correct time when this issue happens? If so, that would indicate a bad mobo battery.

If I do not do anything e.g. watch TV for hour or so it does not turn off.
Do you watch TV on your PC?

Do you have your PC plugged into a surge protector or power strip?

Reaction score
PC is in a surge protector

I watch TV on my big TV so I am away from PC

The Windows 10 system clock goes out of sync

Reaction score
Hello

No it just seems if I am doing things the machine automatically powers off and as I said the clock goes out of sync. If I do not do anything e.g. watch TV for hour or so it does not turn off.

Yes the time thing tells me that your MB BIOS Battery needs to be changed that also would explain the other issues also.
Have a good look at your mother board it will be a 3032 or one of those types of flat battery. Pick up a new one at Walmart and unplug your computer and change out that battery. If you need further instructions YouTube will have several video's showing you exactly how its done.

Reaction score
Ok thank you everyone for suggestions will look into battery etc will advise if any differences occur - at least no blue screen that's main thing.

Reaction score
I agree with Bassfisher. Mobo battery which will a 2032 most likely and plug it in without the surge protector.

Reaction score
Thanks Mobo battery been ordered - will advise if any more problems when installed - however doing sfc/scannow in safe mode the base unit still turned off on its own - hope this battery will help.

Reaction score
Thanks Mobo battery been ordered - will advise if any more problems when installed - however doing sfc/scannow in safe mode the base unit still turned off on its own - hope this battery will help.
probably could have picked that up at wal mart or sams club best buy at worst

Reaction score
Ok thanks - an update that I've tried in different mains area not in the surge protector it is in and left it on it's own nothing in background running, in 25 minutes not crashed.

I will leave for hour or so and see if it still remains on then do a scannow and Norton scan and see if it happens again.

Been advised machine is not overclocked as not possible to do on those type of mini PC.

Will let you all know if I have to get an engineer and what outcome is to help others.

Reaction score
This is all with the present battery.

Scannow being performed, 60 percent in - no crash yet

Reaction score
So is the clock still synced with the internet time server, did you reseat the battery?

Reaction score
this is all done with present battery as I have to wait for new battery to arrive. I thought I would try in different power area. Scannow worked with present date/time correct in normal mode, tried doing virus scan in safe mode it turned off again.

Reaction score
Time Sync can sometimes relate to failing mobo battery, so yes agree with getting a new one. FYI, it is as popular as AA and AAA batts so no need to wait for ordering? The Q9000 is mini SFF so all possibility is it is overheating. CAM version 3.5.50 is CPU/Fan/GPU heat and load monitoring software that I use on all my system except laptops. It will give realtime reading so you can monitor e.g. watching TV or IDLE.

Reaction score
Time Sync can sometimes relate to failing mobo battery, so yes agree with getting a new one. FYI, it is as popular as AA and AAA batts so no need to wait for ordering? The Q9000 is mini SFF so all possibility is it is overheating. CAM version 3.5.50 is CPU/Fan/GPU heat and load monitoring software that I use on all my system except laptops. It will give realtime reading so you can monitor e.g. watching TV or IDLE.
You can buy it outright but I just use in Guest mode as I only require heat/load monitoring for now.

Reaction score
The new CMOS battery is in now. I ran HWMonitor in windows along side scan - it got to 125 thousand files and temperature said 67 degrees and then it turned itself off

Ask a Question