How to make mouse behaviour different on 2 machines under the same Windows ID

Reaction score
I have several machines running win 10 under a single windows account. However, I am left handed and my wife right handed. I would like to be able to switch the mouse buttons on all machines but the one she uses, but it seems to be a global setting under the account and can be machine specific. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Do you both sign in using the same Windows account? That is not good security strategy.

You might check out EitherMouse. This free little app lets you manage two mice (one left and one right) or one mouse and quickly swap settings through a system tray icon.

Reaction score
EitherMouse was rejected by Norton as unsafe. I did a quick google search and found the same on multiple threads. It was rejected by numerous antivirus, anti malware products. Hmmm?

Reaction score
EitherMouse was rejected by Norton as unsafe.
Frankly, I would not trust Norton to tie my shoes. They refuse to comply with industry standards and IMO, you should uninstall Norton and stick with the fully capable security programs in Windows 10; Windows Defender (WD) and Windows Firewall. Then, as you should regardless your primary security, supplement WD with and alternative scanner just to make sure it, or you (the user is ALWAYS the weakest link in security) did not let something slip by. I recommend Malwarebytes Antimalware (MBAM) for that. This is the security setup I use on all my systems with no regrets or problems.

I just downloaded EitherMouse and scanned the install file with both Windows Defender and MBAM Premium and it was clean. So again, I have no reservations recommending this option as a solution to your problem.

It actually makes sense some security programs would hit on this program during install because it needs to gain deep access in the kernel. But in this situation, that's okay.

See Google has Enough of Symantec's Dodgy SSL Certificates, Bans Them from Chrome, Android.

Ask a Question