Video on PC to TV

Reaction score
I can put recorded video files on my PC to the TV but cannot get live streamed video to the TV. Can anyone give me instructions on doing this or if it is even possible.

Thank you very much!

Jim

Reaction score
I use a chromecast device. Works perfectly. I presume you are using wi-fi?

I also use Google Chrome and there is a chromecast extension that can be downloaded and installed

Last edited:
Reaction score
I use a chromecast device. Works perfectly. I presume you are using wi-fi?

Thanks for the reply. I'm not using any device to view recorded video saved on my PC to view on the TV. If I right click on a saved video file, I get the option to "Cast to a device" and if I put the cursor on that option, it shows my TV and then if I press that option the video plays on the TV. However, it will not give the option to cast to a device while playing a streaming video. Therefore I cannot play a streaming video from the PC to the TV -- only a saved video file!

Therein is my question -- how do I get the streaming video on the TV without a device such as Chromecast, Roku or AppleTV.

Ask a Question