Weather App

Reaction score
If you remove it in settings/app and then re install it, it works. Also any other apps. This is from DS and it will be fixed in the next build. I guess some users , the store itself is broke.. Lucky them:)

Reaction score
So what are you trying to tell us? I'm confused?
Well if you do not read the known issues you will be confused. It is not rocket science. Go to settings/apps and remove weather. Then after you do that go to the store and look for the app MSN Weather and install it.
After you do that your weather app should work. Other apps may have the same issue , repeat the above process.

There is a bug in this build that can cause a number of inbox apps to fail to launch (such as Store). If you run into this, you can reset the app by going to Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Store > Advanced Options and pressing the “Reset” button. which should allow you to use the app as normal. However, please note this issue also prevents you from taking any app updates from the Store. A workaround for this is to uninstall the app and reinstall the app from the Store. This issue will be fixed in the next build.

When using Preview builds it is a good idea to read what is fixed and the known issues.

Reaction score
Maybe, like I do sometimes, Saltgrass, you didn't notice you are in the Insider section of the forum?

Gideon doesn't mention which build but, as you know, or have found out, the paths mentioned do not exist in the main Windows 10 build. Going into the System- Apps and features, does not give you the option to uninstall the weather. - Not i9n my installs, at least. But, if you click it (The weather App) and then select the "Advanced " which then appears, you are able to reset.

Reaction score
I use a combination of accu weather and my national weather- Both usually off the mark, of course, but it gives a guide.

Reaction score
Maybe, like I do sometimes, Saltgrass, you didn't notice you are in the Insider section of the forum?

Gideon doesn't mention which build but, as you know, or have found out, the paths mentioned do not exist in the main Windows 10 build. Going into the System- Apps and features, does not give you the option to uninstall the weather. - Not i9n my installs, at least. But, if you click it (The weather App) and then select the "Advanced " which then appears, you are able to reset.
It is build 15055 and the procedure works. If the store will not update it can be removed and replaced by the following Elevated Powershell CMD

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Both were tested and do work.

Reaction score
https://aka.ms/vxhqt1

You people may want to look at the above link to the Change log of 15055

If what is there is not on your machine blame MS and not me..
Perhaps, in turn, you should note that the original responder thought the discussion was about Windows 10 - not an insider build. I don't see, from the following posts, any reference to uninstalling an App- I think it may have originated from your open remark "If you remove it in settings/app"

Reaction score
Perhaps, in turn, you should note that the original responder thought the discussion was about Windows 10 - not an insider build. I don't see, from the following posts, any reference to uninstalling an App- I think it may have originated from your open remark "If you remove it in settings/app"
The original responder was wrong, he should have know it was an insider build as that is the section I posted it in.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Yep....I didn't look. I thought it was for windows 10.

As davehc was alluding to....that you started your first post out as if everyone knew what you where talking about. You started out with "remove" and then never explained why...It should have been stated in such a way as that the issue came first, that in the latest insider build has a issue a few apps....then your suggestion/tip on fixing the problem came next. That's what I was confused about.

But we all got it figured out.

Reaction score
I was doing another thing in another tab, quess I can't multitask like I used to..:(

Ask a Question