SOLVED Where's Bif

Reaction score
Bif Are you OK! Just wondering how are you handling the snow and current -51 C (-59.8 F) wind chill temperatures.
Throw a log on the fire and keep that glass half full. Wrap up well my friend.

Bif

Reaction score
Hi Norton, I'm still around..just busy with our vehicle buying the farm and looking at new ones..nothing says hardy Canadian like car shopping at -48c!
The concern is greatly appreciated, and Wolfie.. I'd give my left one to be on a nice warm sun laden vacation right about now!
Glass always half full.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes! That was hushed up pretty fast. That fiasco hurt VWs impeccable reputation. Overnight they went from a world leader in the auto industry to scoundrels.

Reaction score
And lets not forget that it was VW that helped fund Hitlers war plans!. Now we don't want to bring up too much of the past do we!. ;)

Bif

Reaction score
Presently looking at three new horseless carriages, Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape or possibly a Kia Soul..as they offer a lot of bang for the buck.
Would love a Land Rover but the bank has another opinion!
Was never a VW fan, you can't change the radio station without it costing you...had a friend who owned a Jetta change his own brakes..parts were just under a grand and had to be ordered in, he needed caliper bolts as well that cost $65 a bolt..
I'm a 65 Impala type of guy, where with a crecent wrench and a hammer you can tear the car apart and put it back together.

Reaction score
VW parts/repairs are very costly. Go with the Escape, the Kia is'nt too shabby. Kia have made great advancements in the past 10 years. Like you say, they offer a lot of bang for the buck.

Bif

Reaction score
Update for what it's worth,
We chose a Chevrolet Equinox 1LT in Summit White..
It comes with all the bells and whistles like heat and AC..and Chevy MyLink which is sorta computer related, and damn cool!
Sorely missed with the old ride

Last edited:

Ask a Question