SOLVED who's the boss?

Reaction score
Wow - is this my computer? If so, why can't I get rid of programs I don't want?

Does anybody know how to uninstall the bloat that came with win-10 and refuses to uninstall?

Reaction score
Would not get rid of Xbox for me but maybe one has to do these things in a particular order.

Reaction score
Wow - is this my computer? If so, why can't I get rid of programs I don't want?

Does anybody know how to uninstall the bloat that came with win-10 and refuses to uninstall?
The computer is yours, but the operating system technically isn't. Even if you pay full price for it, you paying to license it's use.

The bloatware can be removed, as stated above, but that's no guarantee that it won't reinstall itself with a major update. Some of my privacy settings got reset back to default after the last major update.

Reaction score
imo, if you are going to remove all, as you said, best plan would have been to stay with Windows 7 or 8.1
As Bigfeet intimates, updates may put all the "bloatware" as you call it, back again. As the update process is now, ad infinitum, this will be a very long trial for you. Removing those items might even cripple some other aspects of the OS.

Reaction score
The computer is yours, but the operating system technically isn't. Even if you pay full price for it, you paying to license it's use.

The bloatware can be removed, as stated above, but that's no guarantee that it won't reinstall itself with a major update. Some of my privacy settings got reset back to default after the last major update.

I can help with that!

https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

Reaction score
Those programs were reinstalled the next day. I removed them again. I don't think they will be reinstalled via updates again because of the way updates work.

When you get an update it is recorded and not applied again. So, to continue reinstalling those apps, MickeySoft would have to have an endless supply of updates with different names/nunbers...

Ask a Question