Security... who's safe anymore

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score

Bif

Reaction score
We'll soon have to start communicating through a tin can and a string...

Bif

Reaction score
I have an old XP machine that I use solely for peer to peer..if nasty's find a way in I reinstall the OS...
That is if and when I use those sites which is almost never.

Reaction score
We'll soon have to start communicating through a tin can and a string...
LOL. Yes, I had one of those when I was a kid, to communicate with my best friend whose bedroom, in the neighbouring house, was a direct line from mine. - Difficulties in googling, though.

But, going back to Trouble's original post. Almost my sole use of my personal computer, these days, is internet browsing. To unplug it would , for me, make it obsolete. Good idea though!

Reaction score
Yet another reason for my constant rants about Torrent Software and Sites.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/torr...o-drop-malware-on-their-visitors-497470.shtml
There's certainly ways to protect yourself against the drive by malware. I've never had an issue visiting a torrent site. But I use adblock plus (which blocks the maicious ads) and bitdefender's trafficlight (reports the safety of the site). Between that, good anti malware/anti virus, and common sense, torrent sites are no more dangerous than any generic website.

File download sites like adf.ly, are far more dangerous.

Reaction score
Not sure I would agree with that. I have, when needed, used torrent sites from time to time. The problem does not lie with the sites, which can easily clear up their act. The problem is with the downloaded material itself. I have not had any dreadful experiences, but the programs downloaded may have been tampered with and will possibly contain malicious material.. Mostly, though, in my experience, this is mostly added on cheap utility programs, which you are offered during the course of the installation.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score

Ask a Question