SOLVED Phony Security Alerts

Reaction score
This malware pops up on only ONE website SO FAR, all movie.com, but I'm sure it will spread. Although it so far ONLY is found on all movie.com, it has variations to the "Windows Defender" "alerts." Sometimes it purports to be an "alert" for Norton anti-virus, sometimes for AVG, sometimes for Zone Alarm, etc. It always is an "alert" for some anti-virus program. DO NOT go to all movie.com. If you ever get this kind of "alert," DO NOT click on the link on the page.

Also, I hope that someone with Facebook will take the time to post this message along with the jpeg image that's attached so that others can be alerted.
cleardot.gif

BQS
Phony Defender Malware.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Haha that is funny. Although if you were not smart enough to see right through it, not so funny.

Read the tab. lol Windows Defender for Mac. :p

Reaction score
This malware pops up on only ONE website SO FAR, allmovie.com, but I'm sure it will spread. Although it so far ONLY is found on allmovie.com, it has variations to the "Windows Defender" "alerts." Sometimes it purports to be an "alert" for Norton anti-virus, sometimes for AVG, sometimes for Zone Alarm, etc. It always is an "alert" for some anti-virus program. DO NOT go to allmovie.com. If you ever get this kind of "alert," DO NOT click on the link on the page.

Also, I hope that someone with Facebook will take the time to post this message along with the jpeg image that's attached so that others can be alerted.
cleardot.gif

BQSView attachment 9710

TODAY, 26 Jan 2019, I received this on a different web site. I will have to run some more scans. Beware of this BULL STUFF if you get it.

Phony Message TWO.jpg

BQS

Reaction score
That's the chance you take going to sketchy websites. The best antivirus (which defender is not one of them) can't protect you 100% of the time.

Ask a Question