Windows 10 - Hide Installed App List In Start Menu

Reaction score
For those Windows 10 users who don't like the app list in the Start Menu, Microsoft has been listening. In the latest Insider Release (942) there is now an option to turn the app list on or off. Then, once you have hid the Installed App list, you can toggle it on and off through the Start Menu.

Just go to Settings, Personalization and Start Menu. You will see the toggle that allows you to turn off the Installed Apps. With the probable release of Redstone 2 in late October 2016, you soon will have this option.

Here's a video showing it in action

Reaction score
I have all my apps and running background apps turned of or disable. I use my customized start menu for quick reference to most used programs. Works well for me. Everyone to her/his own.
upload_2016-10-13_21-11-54.png

Reaction score
I have all my apps and running background apps turned of or disable. I use my customized start menu for quick reference to most used programs. Works well for me. Everyone to her/his own.

Oh, I agree. I like it the way it was, but there are a few people out there that don't. So now people can have it both ways.

Ask a Question