Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.107

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Downloading now.
We'll see what happens.
AND with it comes a "New Ring" for Insiders
Introducing the Release Preview Ring:
Today we are introducing a new ring named the Windows Insider Release Preview ring for both PC and mobile. The Release Preview ring will focus on Insiders that want to stay on the Current Branch (currently builds based off of 10586), but continue to receive early access to updates, application updates, and driver updates.
Not exactly sure, how to interpret that but I thought it was interesting enough to pass along.
SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ws-10-mobile-insider-preview-build-10586-107/

Reaction score
Looks as if the "real" Insider builds are going to diverge quite quickly from 10586 and so the Release Preview is a sort of safer alternative.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks.
That was sort of my interpretation as well, My new Windows 10 phone should arrive today and it has 10586.xx installed, so maybe the are moving from Threshold releases over to Redstone testing on mobile like they have already done on the PC Insider program.
Very interesting.

Ask a Question