Windows 10 Photo Rotation Problem I'm sick of it. Fix It.

Reaction score
The problem is many websites and apps rely on the saved length x width to upload photo's the correct way around. The photo app in windows 10 is pretty good for a viewer but when you rotate a photo and save it in the viewer it doesn't alter the length and width when saved it for some stupid reason just thins it's rotated and it records the position its rotated to by some other unlogical method might be 90, 180 or 270 degrees could be ccw or cw or upside down what ever the Photo App is doing its no in sync with other programs non microsoft that use the most logical method length x width.
If you save your inages in photoshop photoimpact or what ever non microsoft product you have when uploading your images they will upload correctly. This could be a case like the old windows explorer 5 I think where microsoft got their wrist slapped for trying to market dominate with their browser. This system is wrong I'm not a code person or anything like that I'm a logical thinker I have tried many ways to load the photos and windows photo app never fails to load images incorrectly if they are taken with the camers tilted or scanned upside down and rotated in photo to other platforms, formats, what ever they are called I've rang microsoft staff twice but they know better than me gotta be a pretty blunt fault when a lay person can pick the fault and a tech savy person cannot.
windows 10 professional I like it except for this and don't sign in with your windows ID just use a user name and password much more peaceful.

Last edited:
Reaction score
To fix this the easy way all you have to do is put a save button in file explorer so you can right click hit save then upload the image SIMPLE. You can also fix the save button in Photo app to save like File explorer.

Ask a Question