Uploading photos from Flash Drive to Windows 10

Reaction score
I have photos on a memory stick and can upload one file onto my Windows 10 but the other file says there is an error and it will not upload as it may not be safe! However the photos on it were from my old computer Windows 8 so there is nothing wrong with them. I understand it could be something to do with Codecs but although I have downloaded the Media Player I am still unable to get it to work! Suggestions please.

Reaction score
If they are the usual .jpg image files used by digital cameras there should be no issues but it is possible for a file to get corrupted somehow. Have you tried opening File Explorer [renamed from Windows Explorer on Win8.1 and earlier], right-click the drive letter, choose Properties then on the Tools tab run the Error Checking, could simply be something wrong with the file but unfortunately the possibility is that the file may be lost.

Ask a Question