Uploading photo's to websites

Reaction score
Hi,
After receiving all the reminders, I thought it would be a step forward and I recently down loaded windows 10 to my computer, I think the previous set up was 7.
In the past, I could easily import photo's etc from a phone or camera, and it was easy to store them in the relative section . . In pictures, downloads or documents for example. When importing them, a box popped up with then pics, and you could select what ones you wanted, and delete them from your device after importing . 10 is totally different though.

Since loading 10, the only way I can upload any photo's to websites is by the drag + drop method, because I cant simply upload them direct to the site. . And the problem here is not every site has drop and drag . . Ebay for example.

Initially, it was a bit awkward even importing photo's, and I thought it was because 10 did not recognise my phone, but eventually I got that figured out, and discovered that the photo's were not going into the old file section . . Although all the old photo's etc are still there.

Am I missing something simple ?
Cheers

Regedit32

Reaction score
If you connect your phone or camera to your computer all you need to do is:
  • Open File Explorer
  • Right-click on your device which will be listed in the left pane
  • Select Import pictures and videos

When its searched the device a window will pop up allowing you to organize the images and/or only import the newest pictures or videos on the device.

Note: With a phone connected you need to make sure phone is logged into. (i.e. that if you have a lock screen on phone, enter your pin before connecting to computer)

Reaction score
Hi, and ta for the reply, but I perhaps haven't made myself clear ?

The problem isn't being able to import photo's, but accessing them when I want to upload them, to a website for example.
My old system was windows 7, and used (I think) the camera wizard set up, which worked great and I understood how to use it. 10 is different, with photo's being stored in 10 itself . . Is this the one drive thing ?

Sorry if I come across as ignorant, but I'm not too interested in learning the in's and out's of computers . . Or at least not too much, just enough to understand the main things needed.

So, simply put, when I want to upload photo's etc, and click the upload button on a website, I'm not taken to where the photo's are stored, hence cannot upl;oad anything to the site.
Do you follow me ?
Thanks

Reaction score
On any system it should be the same. Hit Upload Button then search for your pictures and click on picture you want to upload. The default for 10 should be This PC Pictures. At least the way all my Windows 10 PC and Laptop work.

Regedit32

Reaction score
My old system was windows 7, and used (I think) the camera wizard set up, which worked great and I understood how to use it. 10 is different, with photo's being stored in 10 itself . . Is this the one drive thing ?

Hi,

That depends on how you installed Windows 10 and what settings you carried over.

It's possible you files are being saved in OneDrive, bit its more likely as Roddie above noted, they are being saved to your This PC > Picture folder.

You can check that by clicking Start > Settings > System > in the left pane clicking Storage then reviewing the various Save locations options in the main window.

If This PC is the default location this means your pictures are being saved literally to:
  • C:\Users\<the username you log onto computer with>\Pictures

For example I log on to my desktop as Regedit32, so my default is: C:\Users\Regedit32\Pictures

• Thus when uploading to web site you can browse to that location, or in File Explorer, just click This PC, then the Picture folder

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question