SOLVED Computer not uploading camera shots

Reaction score
When I hook up my digital camera via USB port to the computer, the pictures are not uploaded (or downloaded?). The computer recognizes the camera as my antivirus sca

Reaction score
I did not finish my post. Clicked enter by error. My antivirus scans the camera so the computer recognizes it. Also, it does transfer the photos on my iPhone. I have Auto run checked.

Reaction score
Well typically that part is handled by software. If you have the camera software that should sync the camera to the PC.

Reaction score
Well typically that part is handled by software. If you have the camera software that should sync the camera to the PC.
How do I get this "camera software"? Is it something I can download from the Internet? Is it a driver problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I should have came with camera but you can go to the site and find your camera and download. If the pc see the camera the drivers are ok. You should also see the camera as another drive and you can manually copy files. Most cameras use DCIM folder for pictures.

Reaction score
When I hook up my digital camera via USB port to the computer, the pictures are not uploaded (or downloaded?). The computer recognizes the camera as my antivirus sca
Try downloading MS Photo Gallery. It will let you load your pics. Software that comes with cameras very often messes up your computer - Kodak's was notorious for that.

Reaction score
Well that depends if he wants to sync automatically or manually do imports. Once you set up syncing software you don't have to mess with again.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm with joann, the less third party software on my computer, the better.
Use file explorer, drill down to the camera's internal memory / SD card copy the image files located there and paste them where you want them to be located on your computer.
Once you've got them where you want them go back and clean up the camera as desired.

Reaction score
I should have came with camera but you can go to the site and find your camera and download. If the pc see the camera the drivers are ok. You should also see the camera as another drive and you can manually copy files. Most cameras use DCIM folder for pictures.
OK. Thanks. That's where they are. They are at drive e and labeled as DCIM folders. I guess I can copy any of them and paste them to FB.

Reaction score
The thing is that those pics are in my camera, and as long as my camera is connected to the computer I can see them, but they are not transferred to my computer. When I remove the cable to the USB (drive E) they are no longer shown. Is there some way I can transfer them to my pictures?

Reaction score
The thing is that those pics are in my camera, and as long as my camera is connected to the computer I can see them, but they are not transferred to my computer. When I remove the cable to the USB (drive E) they are no longer shown. Is there some way I can transfer them to my pictures?
Problem solved. All I had to do was select all and copy them to pictures. Thanks to everyone and especially Jake B.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yes.
Create a folder or a more robust data structure of folders named to help readily identify the images that will be contain in the folder.
I typically use a date followed by an event name for the folder (061316 Joe's Wedding, 061316 Mary's Graduation, 061316 Ralph and Sue's Anniversary) anything to help you organize and manage your pictures, within your "Pictures" folder.
Then drill down using file explorer to your DCIM folder on your camera
You can use Ctrl + A to select all or use your mouse combined with Ctrl or Shift keys to select individual or groups of images.
Use Ctrl + C to "Copy" your selection
You can then either right click the folder of your choosing and select paste from the context menu or use Ctrl + V to paste.

Reaction score
Yes.
Create a folder or a more robust data structure of folders named to help readily identify the images that will be contain in the folder.
I typically use a date followed by an event name for the folder (061316 Joe's Wedding, 061316 Mary's Graduation, 061316 Ralph and Sue's Anniversary) anything to help you organize and manage your pictures, within your "Pictures" folder.
Then drill down using file explorer to your DCIM folder on your camera
You can use Ctrl + A to select all or use your mouse combined with Ctrl or Shift keys to select individual or groups of images.
Use Ctrl + C to "Copy" your selection
You can then either right click the folder of your choosing and select paste from the context menu or use Ctrl + V to paste.
Thanks.

Reaction score
It's questions and answers such as this, that makes this forum so helpful. Especially for smi-ludites like me.Though I do know lots of "computer stuff" its the part of knowing the right stuff at the right time thats sometimes problematic. So reading this post gave me insights to what I'm doing to download pictures.
Good luck flatearth keep askin' and you'll be on your way....................to helping me someday, I bet.;)

Ask a Question