Windows 10 Security Update (KB3132372) causes Wild Tangent games to crash

Reaction score
I downloaded a couple of games from Wild Tangent games a couple of days ago and every time I try to open them the Game Manager crashes. The games that were installed before this security update still work fine but any installed afterward crashes. This update was installed on 12/30/2015. I contacted Wild Tangent customer support as they are usually very responsive. Here is the email that I got from them.
Jennifer F (WildTangent Support)

Jan 3, 2:06 PM

Hello Carole,

Thank you for letting me know!
smile.png
There was a Security Update for Microsoft Windows released this week, it appears that it is causing the WildTangent Games App to fail when launching. While we look into this issue further, we have determined that if you uninstall the update (KB3132372) and then launch the Games App, you will be able to download and play games just as you were before!

It is important to mention that depending on how your computer is set up for Windows 10 updates, that this update may reinstall if you restart your computer. If that happens you will just need to uninstall that update again. I would recommend that you "Shut Down" instead of "Restarting" after the steps to apply the update.

We have created a Help Center article with this information and steps here: https://support.wildtangent.com/hc/articles/207482253
I don't know if Microsoft knows or cares that their updates are causing problems but maybe this info will help someone who is having this problem. I hope working together these two companies can get these updates coordinated/tested before releasing them.

Reaction score
I downloaded a couple of games from Wild Tangent games a couple of days ago and every time I try to open them the Game Manager crashes. The games that were installed before this security update still work fine but any installed afterward crashes. This update was installed on 12/30/2015. I contacted Wild Tangent customer support as they are usually very responsive. Here is the email that I got from them.
Jennifer F (WildTangent Support)

Jan 3, 2:06 PM

Hello Carole,

Thank you for letting me know!
smile.png
There was a Security Update for Microsoft Windows released this week, it appears that it is causing the WildTangent Games App to fail when launching. While we look into this issue further, we have determined that if you uninstall the update (KB3132372) and then launch the Games App, you will be able to download and play games just as you were before!

It is important to mention that depending on how your computer is set up for Windows 10 updates, that this update may reinstall if you restart your computer. If that happens you will just need to uninstall that update again. I would recommend that you "Shut Down" instead of "Restarting" after the steps to apply the update.

We have created a Help Center article with this information and steps here: https://support.wildtangent.com/hc/articles/207482253
I don't know if Microsoft knows or cares that their updates are causing problems but maybe this info will help someone who is having this problem. I hope working together these two companies can get these updates coordinated/tested before releasing them.
I'm also having issues with my games crashing. That link to Wild Tangent support doesn't seem to work, though.

Ask a Question