Windows 10 - Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client service

Reaction score
Hi,
I've read through several other queries on the forum about this. I am unable to do a system restore, it keeps telling me that system restore did not complete.

As per a conversation with another member:
- - suggestion was:

The message would seem to indicate two things
1. The Group Policy Client service
Right click the Start Button and choose Run and in the Run dialog box type
services.msc
hit enter or click ok
scroll to "Group Policy Client"
Double click it and confirm that the "Startup Type" says Automatic (it may have "Trigger Start" appended).

2. Standard users
That indicates users of the computer who are not members of the local administrator's group.
Is your account, a standard or administrator account?
Do you have other local accounts which are not administrator group members.

A couple things you might try.....
Right click the Start Button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) and in the command prompt window type
sfc /scannow
hit enter
let it run
see what if anything it comes up with.

I checked the services.msc - it says Startup type - Automatic(Trigger Start)....I double clicked on the gpsvc and it brought up a box that noted the service is "stopped" but all of the boxes are faded out, and I can not "restart" the service from the this box.

How do I restart the gpsvc service when the boxes that are supposed to be clickable are not?
Also the sfc/scannow did not find any integrity violations

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Do you happen to have Google Chrome installed??
IF so, would you mind uninstalling it temporarily and then reboot your computer and try to duplicate the problem you are currently having?

Reaction score
Did you get anywhere with this?

Did you try "Trouble's" suggestions of removing Google Chrome? I have seen several posts that indicate that is a really good step to try.

Please update us with your current status.

Thanks
Sean

Ask a Question