One or more Windows Update components are configured incorrectly."

but no..... still "windows couldn't complete the updates... undoing changes"

someone please help!

Regedit32

Reaction score
tried a repair with WinFix10

Hi,

Did you mean WinFix 10 Pro?

If yes, then I hope you have not paid for the Professional version of WinFix 10 as this particular application is on a PUP black list because it is known to provide false alerts in order to make it appear to be doing its job.

It most likely is the reason your Windows Update Service is having trouble working correctly.

Before I carry on with this thread can you confirm please a couple of questions so I can be sure what you are talking about re WinFix 10 is what I will be addressing:
  • In File Explorer do either of the following folders exist?
    • C:\Program Files\Winfix 10 Pro
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Winfix 10 Pro
    • If you copy & paste: %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs into your File Explorer address bar, then press Enter do you see the folder Winfix 10 Pro?
  • Close the File Explorer now
  • Next right-click on Start, then left-click on Command Prompt (Admin)
  • In the Command Prompt window copy & paste the following:

reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Tracing
    Press Enter key to execute the query

• After pressing Enter does any of the following appear in the list of information:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Tracing\Winfix 10_RASAPI32
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\SenseIUpdaterN8_RASAPI32
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\SenseIUpdaterN8_RASMANCS

• In the command prompt type exit then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window

That is enough for now. If you can please respond to the above, and if needed I'll walk you through a full manual removal of the application first. Then we can address the Windows Updater issue once we remove what most likely is causing that issue in the first place.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
the April update has caused many problems ... one being it will continue to try to install but fails .. use the " wushowhide " tool from Microsoft to block it then restart & create a restore point ... have a browse thru' the 122 pages & 0ver 1200 replies over at this forum might put your soul at ease for a while ...

MS ... wushowhide ... https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/kb/3073930
Discussion re April update ... http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...h/8cc2af67-d1ef-43d8-8658-b5c5a69be530?page=1

Reaction score
Hi,

Did you mean WinFix 10 Pro?

If yes, then I hope you have not paid for the Professional version of WinFix 10 as this particular application is on a PUP black list because it is known to provide false alerts in order to make it appear to be doing its job.

It most likely is the reason your Windows Update Service is having trouble working correctly.

Before I carry on with this thread can you confirm please a couple of questions so I can be sure what you are talking about re WinFix 10 is what I will be addressing:
  • In File Explorer do either of the following folders exist?
    • If you copy & paste: %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs into your File Explorer address bar, then press Enter do you see the folder Winfix 10 Pro?
  • Close the File Explorer now
  • Next right-click on Start, then left-click on Command Prompt (Admin)
  • In the Command Prompt window copy & paste the following:

reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Tracing
    Press Enter key to execute the query

• After pressing Enter does any of the following appear in the list of information:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Tracing\Winfix 10_RASAPI32
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\SenseIUpdaterN8_RASAPI32
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\SenseIUpdaterN8_RASMANCS

• In the command prompt type exit then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window

That is enough for now. If you can please respond to the above, and if needed I'll walk you through a full manual removal of the application first. Then we can address the Windows Updater issue once we remove what most likely is causing that issue in the first place.

Regards,

Regedit32

no. didn't pay for it.

and reg queryHKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Tracing didn't do anything.
at all.

Reaction score
the April update has caused many problems ... one being it will continue to try to install but fails .. use the " wushowhide " tool from Microsoft to block it then restart & create a restore point ... have a browse thru' the 122 pages & 0ver 1200 replies over at this forum might put your soul at ease for a while ...

that did nothing either.
i elected "show hidden" and it said there was nothing to show.

Regedit32

Reaction score
and reg queryHKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Tracing didn't do anything.
at all.

Hi paradive,

I assume you just made a typing error in your reply as the command I gave you has a single space after query, but in your reply you omitted that space.

What you typed:
  • reg queryHKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Tracing

How it ought to be typed:
  • reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Tracing

Did you find any of the folders I mentioned in original response to you?

In File Explorer do either of the following folders exist?

Reaction score
that did nothing either.
i elected "show hidden" and it said there was nothing to show.

... run wushowhide again ... this time select "hide updates " then check/tick the offending April update in the list ... close ... save any work ... restart ... set a new restore point ...

Reaction score
... run wushowhide again ... this time select "hide updates " then check/tick the offending April update in the list ... close ... save any work ... restart ... set a new restore point ...

1. i dunno what the offending update is.

2. now it's saying "cannot find wushowhide". =/

Reaction score
Hi paradive,

I assume you just made a typing error in your reply as the command I gave you has a single space after query, but in your reply you omitted that space.

What you typed:
  • reg queryHKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Tracing

How it ought to be typed:
  • reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Tracing

Did you find any of the folders I mentioned in original response to you?

still nothing.

a console box pops up for a tenth of a second, but that's it. =/

Ask a Question