Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Working at 17763.167

Reaction score
I am using Windows Secure Anywhere v9.0.24.37 as my primary AV on an Intel NUC 5i5ryh.
Previously I used to have a visual response to running Complete Scan of Windows Defender.
Now there is no visual response although the record shows that a complete scan has
been accomplished. The Windows Defender Offline Scan no longer reboots and runs as
a process. Neither WD Scan or WSA full scan reveals a problem.

Reaction score
Where did you get the 17763.167?? Officially the release build is 17763.134 or do you have the Insider build??
Also: if you have a third party AV running, Windows defender is usually deactivated if I am not mistaken...

Reaction score
Where did you get the 17763.167?? Officially the release build is 17763.134 or do you have the Insider build??
Also: if you have a third party AV running, Windows defender is usually deactivated if I am not mistaken...
The release is the latest Windows insider "Current Release Preview" fix. In the past Windows Defender continued to work with Webroot Secure Anywhere. It could be that 1809 and its updates have broken this.

Reaction score
Well, with an Insider release you have to count on it being buggy and MS is not very successful this year in releasing stable versions. As I remember even the 1803 had to be pulled, but at least they pulled it before they released it unlike the 1809 that was pulled two days after it was released.From what I hear and read, 1809 is still buggy and not released for everyone.
I for myself run mainly still the 1803 as it is very stable and have the 1809 only on my test system. Unless the 1809 is offered through Windows Update, I will not install it on my main computer.
I have to agree with you that the 1809 may (or may not) be the reason of your problems. Unfortunately the solution is solely in the hands of Microsoft....

Ask a Question