Windows PowerShell

Windows PowerShell

Regedit32

Reaction score
Regedit32 submitted a new article:

Windows PowerShell - A Brief History and Explanation of the Purpose for Windows PowerShell

For those of you old enough, who have been using computers since MS-DOS days, through the 9x generation and later into the NT generation, you will quite likely be familiar with the various means Microsoft provided the User to perform basic command-line tasks to manipulate the installed Operating System.

It all started with COMMAND.COM, which continued through the 9x generation of Windows, then with the introduction of Windows NT Microsoft introduced us to the new and slightly...

Read more about this article...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
A really great article @Regedit32 - well done. I had had a very vague idea about the history and progression of PowerShell, but had no idea it had been around for so long.

I've got a lot of .bat files for backup scripts, scheduling, etc... which I intend on converting to PowerShell once I've got more time. I'm sure I'll be posting in this new forum section with plenty of questions (and hopefully a few answers :D).

Reaction score
It is a great article. It would be nice to have a tutorial on using PowerShell.

Regedit32

Reaction score
It is a great article. It would be nice to have a tutorial on using PowerShell.

Hi and thanks for the compliment.

I am working on some tutorials for this section, but I got a little side tracked on a project relating to downloading of free eBooks which involved me re-coding a simple PowerShell script into a 9928 line script which if you are interested in taking a peek at you can see here:

https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/free-microsoft-ebooks.14258/#post-69681

Ask a Question