Windows stops detecting HDMI signal

Reaction score
I have an Aspire Aspire laptop only 5 months old with windows 10 home preinstalled with an Acer Monitor that's only a year connected via HDMI. When the displays turn off and I try to immediately revive them they usually respond but occasionally the monitor says no signal detected and the display settings says it can't detect 2nd display. The icon show full monitor 1 and 2nd monitor icon as 1/4 size. Normally they are the same size when both are working. If I switch to analog connection the monitor works. If the displays are off for more than about 15 seconds they both respond so far.

Rebooting doesn't fix the issue. The only way I can restore the 2nd monitor is to use my TV. Both displays work with the TV then I can roster the HDMI on the monitor and everything works again. It's happened twice in the past 2 months.

Any Ideas as to why this happens? I can't find any info on this particular issue

Reaction score
That sounds to me like the laptop's HDMI port is not doing the connection protocol the right way. HDMI uses a "handshake" protocol to connect to the devices. there may be a HDCP issue as well but that is just a wag...
Have you tried to update the video drivers? it might help but can't be sure....

Reaction score
The video driver is the Intel integrated GUI. No I haven't done that but I'll see if I can. Thanks.

Ask a Question