10532 - Are you kidding me

Reaction score
this forum is filled fill complaints about audio issues .. mine has been fine .. until now .. with all these issues and they release a build that continues to F things up???????????

Reaction score
Then you shouldn't be in the Fast Ring (or the insider preview), I guess. That's the point of the insider preview. To test builds.

Reaction score
the points is dude - they have had audio issues with every build they have released - maybe the clowns could huddle in a tent together and get it fixed .. the machine is one of 6 I have - it aint important .. none the less - audio are you kidding me - they cant even get that to work - maybe they should go for the trifecta - cutout video and keyboard too

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
the points is dude - they have had audio issues with every build they have released
That is simply untrue.
I'm sorry to hear that you've personally "had audio issues", but I have been using Windows 10 since October 1, 2014 the very first build and have never experienced audio issues of any type that I could not overcome with a new driver or reverting to an old driver, or making some adjustment to the driver / software associated with my RealTek sound card.

For the most part, as much as you would apparently like to, Microsoft cannot be held responsible for third party hardware device manufacturers dragging their feet in producing suitable drivers for the proprietary chipsets that are Windows 10 compliant.

This is not a particularly new or even unique problem as we've seen often enough with previous iterations of the Windows Operating System.
It always seems to me that both Computer and Hardware OEMs are more interested in selling you a new product than supporting their products already in their customers hands.
This also would seem to apply to peripheral device manufacturers like printers, scanners and AIOs as well.

Even my old beater SB Audigy cheapy card works fine now on Windows 10240 but Creative is still behind on drivers for some of their other flagship cards

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
this forum is filled fill complaints about audio issues .. mine has been fine .. until now .. with all these issues and they release a build that continues to F things up???????????
What is the make/model of your computer? Have you tried going directly to the audio manufacturer for the driver....example Realtek, go to their website and look for the latest driver.

Reaction score
well - YOU may not have had problems - but its clear a lot of others have ... if Windows cant get audio/ video and input (K/M) running on whatever system - then what's the point - if there's an issue - then Windows ought to have some way of installing an generic driver that works - if a system has a driver windows does not like and it cant set up something that works - then it should not install ... I personally have tired to go back to other drivers but windows in its wisdom wont let me ..

UPDATE:

While windows continues to recognize the card and install a driver that does not work .. a workaround was to force the install of the generic HD audio driver sent with windows and listen over headphones.

Last edited:

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Windows generic drivers are just that....generic and there's no guarantee that it will work for everyone, but they do work for most systems. They are designed as temporary drivers until one installs the actual driver needed from the manufacturer for that particular piece of hardware.

Reaction score
the points is dude - they have had audio issues with every build they have released - maybe the clowns could huddle in a tent together and get it fixed .. the machine is one of 6 I have - it aint important .. none the less - audio are you kidding me - they cant even get that to work - maybe they should go for the trifecta - cutout video and keyboard too
The point is, you don't understand how this works. First, you are using a beta OS, technically (that what the insider previews are). Not understanding that, you probably shouldn't be in the fast ring.

Secondly, as mentioned above, drivers are the manufactures responsibility. Microsoft makes generic drivers that may or may not work with the tens of thousands of different hardware configurations.

Reaction score
The point is, you don't understand how this works. First, you are using a beta OS, technically (that what the insider previews are). Not understanding that, you probably shouldn't be in the fast ring.

Secondly, as mentioned above, drivers are the manufactures responsibility. Microsoft makes generic drivers that may or may not work with the tens of thousands of different hardware configurations.

Well - Id suggest I know the purpose of the previews better than you sir ..

Reaction score
Well - Id suggest I know the purpose of the previews better than you sir ..
I doubt it, but ok. Regardless, whining on here about it is just that, whining. If you have a question or seek help, it's easier to ask politely. If all you want to do is gripe, you might better do that on the reddit thread. Just a suggestion.

Ask a Question