1607 Finally arrives

Reaction score
1607 arrived yesterday evening after many weeks of wondering if I was ever going to get it. I was in several minds as to click the install now button having read of all the problems that appeared to be happening on the upgrade. In the end I did click it and after almost 3 hours the upgrade ended without any problems except that the SD port wasn't recognised, however this has happened before on an update and it was a simple matter of opening device manager and disabling then re-enabling the SD storage controller. So far all is well, My laptop is a Dell Latitude E4300 and according to Dell is not supported for Windows 10 but I must admit that since I installed Win 10 I haven't had any problems at all with it.

Reaction score
Dell has adopted the process of stating, on many of their earlier systems, that they have not "Tested" the system with Win 10. It is probably a position on which Microsoft agreed to allow so Dell does not have to disapprove.

How your system behaves with Win 10 depends usually with what actual devices are on the system. Some may work fine, some may work in a diminished capacity and a few might make the system unusable. Your SD card reader may be just such a device.

I ran Win 10 during the Insider program on an Inspiron 1510 and it seemed to work fine but I never really tried to investigate if all the devices, such as that SD card reader, worked to their full potential.

One does have to wonder, however, what took you so long to receive the upgrade.

T_J

Reaction score
My 2012 Dell W7/W10 upgraded desktop updated to v1607 b14393.187 today, thru window update.
So far everything I checked is working perfectly, and Sarah Brightman doesn't sound too bad either.

Dell MusicStage (playing Sarah Brightman Symphony); EDGE; Chromium 53.0.2786.116m (64bit); Garmin MapSource Topo and Lake software for my 3 Garmin devices; Canon printer worked;

FYI: safariLIVE on YouTube Live - Wildebeest migration set for live online streaming (Plus LIONS, etc.) starts at 900 AM EST (USA), Sept 20 to 25, 2016.
https://www.facebook.com/LIVEsafariLIVE
Live from Kenya and Djuma

Reaction score
Hi, yes I was beginning to wonder if I was ever going to get the update, but reading of all the problems that seemed to be happening I was quite content to wait a while to see if things were ironed out. The SD card reader has been the only thing I have had to play with and once its up and running it appears to work without any problems.

Reaction score
Neither of my HP desktops has been updated to Anni Edition. I haven't forced it as they are both working OK and still receiving security updates

Alan

Reaction score
Neither of my HP desktops has been updated to Anni Edition. I haven't forced it as they are both working OK and still receiving security updates
Alan
Probably a good idea to leave them as they are.
I did update one of my HP desktops to the anniversary edition and all hell broke loose.
After a while i managed to go back to previous build and that's where its staying.
There is nothing in the anniversary edition that is of any use to me anyway.
At least with the W 10 pro you have an option to defer which i have.;)
{ The anniversary edition is the devil in disguise.}

Reaction score
Dell has adopted the process of stating, on many of their earlier systems, that they have not "Tested" the system with Win 10. It is probably a position on which Microsoft agreed to allow so Dell does not have to disapprove.

How your system behaves with Win 10 depends usually with what actual devices are on the system. Some may work fine, some may work in a diminished capacity and a few might make the system unusable. Your SD card reader may be just such a device.

I ran Win 10 during the Insider program on an Inspiron 1510 and it seemed to work fine but I never really tried to investigate if all the devices, such as that SD card reader, worked to their full potential.

One does have to wonder, however, what took you so long to receive the upgrade.

MS have said that they are finishing the roll out over the next 3 months..or until Xmas with a veiled suggestions that this will make it easier to catch bugs before they become a big thing. They did say at the beginning of the rollout that they would do the 'newer' machines first. I bet that in that context 'newer' meant machines that had not reported problems with 1511 thus making the first month of the roll out easier.

Ask a Question