1903 update problems

Reaction score
I've tried multiple times to install 1903. Download goes well until the restart. After restart it always gets to 60% & stops. After extensive tries at diagnostics, the most I found out is there is a boot error. Would sacrificing some apps to do a clean install be helpful or is it a hardware problem?

Reaction score
You can go to this website and try its diagnostics and recommendations.

and check the listing on the left for other topics just before this one.

If you run the utility and it gives info on some problem, let us know. The link does show how the output would indicate a suspected problem.

If you do as it suggests, you will disconnect or disable all devices you can to keep drivers from being needed for those devices. Don't forget wireless devices, such as printers, which may even have an SD card.

If you want, the link mentions a setupact.log, which you could make available through your OneDrive or zip and attach here. I will go through and try to see what is wrong. You may want to check it for any personal info.

Reaction score
Sorry, but I have no idea what file you sent. It is not a setupact.log from the failed install.. One of the links on the left side of the reference shows exactly where the files are.

Did you run the SetupDiag.exe?

Reaction score
Sorry, but I have no idea what file you sent. It is not a setupact.log from the failed install.. One of the links on the left side of the reference shows exactly where the files are.

Did you run the SetupDiag.exe?
Sorry, I'll try again. Note the user name novice.

Ask a Question