1903 update won't install

Reaction score
If I have to do a fresh install of Windows 10 to get newest update is ther any way of preserving my purchased apps?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
How are you trying to update Windows 10 and what error do you get if it's not installing?

If Windows Update is failing, you can use the update tool here and see if that helps (click "update now", not "download tool now"):

Using this method won't remove any of your personal files, apps, etc....

Last edited:
Reaction score
If I may, be aware that the Registry may have changes that will require reinstalling individual programs, I've seen a few do it. Same can apply to device drivers.

Reaction score
How are you trying to update Windows 10 and what error do you get if it's not installing?

If Windows Update is failing, you can use the update tool here and see if that helps (click "update now", not "download tool now"):

Using this method won't remove any of your personal files, apps, etc....
I tried the update tool several times & get to 60% during shutdown when a pop up says can't configure some updates. Click on OK & it removes changes back to original.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It may be worth trying the commands that @Clintlgm posted the other day (you can ignore the part about Flash player in your case):

Reaction score
If the install is rolling back, check this site. Running the utility will analyze your logs and attempt to give you a reason for the rollback.

Reaction score
Just as one alternative (that works for me always) as I don't know what and how you are updating? As an example, I got caught out updating these versions updates through 'Windows Update' before (never again) this has happened with the previous version update of v1803, v1809, this is becoming a common problem with these version updates from Microsoft, why?

But, I always go straight to their page where the latest version updates are e.g. 'Windows 10 May 2019 Update now available' on this page https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 and "NOT" try to do this update through "WINDOWS UPDATE", I've done v1803, v1809 and v1903 all through this "Windows10Upgrade9252.exe" but, I don't press 'Run" and download/update directly through the web, I let the .exe tool analyse my system directly, which always woks and I've never had any issues!

Note: the "Windows10Upgrade9252.exe" takes time "BE PATIENT" as the new v1903 OS Build 18362.175 takes a long time and reboots your system a few times!

Last edited:

Ask a Question