3rd party antivirus and windows wants to repair itself when booting

Reaction score
Hi

I purchased windows 10 and the installation went fine. But when I tried to install a 3rd party antivirus like Avast Premier and later AVG free I cant boot to windows anymore without repairing it first and deleting all of my files. I can install other softwares fine.
What causes this behavior im afraid to even try it anymore because I installed softwares and moved my files to this computer already, gave up after 4h of windows reinstalling. So my questions are

1.Is Windows 10 own antivirus/firewall protection enough compared to 3rd party softwares ?
2.Is it still possible for me to install 3rd party antivirus software without windows 10 trying to repair itself when rebooting, and how can this be done ?

Thx for help in advance

Bif

Reaction score
There are very few third party antivirus programs that don't slow your system down due to a thousand processes running in the background or that include so much unnecessary crap and bloat ware that you don't need.
The answer to your question..yes,all I use is Defender and Malwarebytes as an on demand program.Safe surfing habits trumps any antivirus.
AVG causes more issues than it solves..Defender is seamlessly integrated with the OS..it will be all you need.And Malwarebytes as a standalone on demand scanner.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Same here..... Defender and Malwarebytes Premium. I lucked into a lifetime license a while back.

Reaction score
Thx for the answers.
My problem is indeed that antivirus that I install results in windows wanting to repair itself, so im a little sceptical to install malwarebytes even at this point, don't know what causes this behavior with win10, everyother software works fine.

Reaction score
I had Malewarebytes for a short time. Can't say anything bad about it. It works pretty well.

Ask a Question