Absolute Rubbish

Reaction score
my 11 year old grandson has just spent all his savings on a gaming computer with new dealer installed windows 10, worked for a few hours but when he wanted to log back on with his password it would not let him in
completely devastated young boy, Microsoft you are a disgrace

Reaction score
my 11 year old grandson has just spent all his savings on a gaming computer with new dealer installed windows 10, worked for a few hours but when he wanted to log back on with his password it would not let him in
completely devastated young boy, Microsoft you are a disgrace
Can you take it to the dealer for service? It is brand new. I am sure someone here can offer assistance as this is a very common occurrence. You could search for a solution or be patient and someone will be available soon.
While we are waiting for one of the volunteer experts, let me try to help. First, in the sign in box look for the small eyeball shaped icon. Pressing this will allow you to see the actual password letters you are typing. Sometimes the caps lock is initiated after an update and you are inadvertently typing the wrong pass word.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There seems to be no rhyme or reason to how or why this keeps happening.
Some people report that simply rebooting their computers a couple times will finally allow them to enter the password and gain access.
Others report an inexplicable conversion of the default language settings resulting in improper keyboard input, so....
If you see any link on the sign-in screen that would suggest a language option, I suggest clicking it.
Other than that I recommend using the OSK (on screen keyboard) combined with the "Eye" icon on the right side of the password textbox to confirm that the password is being entered exactly and properly (case sensitive) and of course confirming that the "User Name" that is being displayed is correct.

Reaction score
Can you take it to the dealer for service? It is brand new. I am sure someone here can offer assistance as this is a very common occurrence. You could search for a solution or be patient and someone will be available soon.
this problem should not be happening ,microsoft should not have released win 10 untill it was sorted , how does an 11 year old solve these type of problems, Once again complete rubbish

Reaction score
this problem should not be happening ,microsoft should not have released win 10 untill it was sorted , how does an 11 year old solve these type of problems, Once again complete rubbish
I just edited my comments please reread it. And remember this forum is in no way related to Microsoft and is totally manned by volunteers. We are just trying to help fix their mess.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are you asking for help, or just complaining? If you're complaining, this is the wrong forum.

Reaction score
I just edited my comments please reread it. And remember this forum is in no way related to Microsoft and is totally manned by volunteers. We are just trying to help fix their mess.
I appreciate the help and understand it is manned by volunteers ,but why should volunteers have to sort out the mess,

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's what we do.... or at least, attempt to do.
Sometimes it's not always easy nor successful, but we still try.

Bif

Reaction score
I appreciate the help and understand it is manned by volunteers ,but why should volunteers have to sort out the mess,
I've personally received more help on this forum than I ever have from Microsoft..the fact that MS is what MS does is really a moot point.This is just how it is and likely will always be.Im just grateful as hell for the folks on here that help sort out the MS mess.

Reaction score
To be honest i am surprised you are still with MS
We all get problems and that's why forums like this exist sometimes we can help but we do our best.
I have been with MS since windows 2000 and i believe W10 to be the best so far.
I have had some problems with certain programs not installing in W10 but i have been surprised how most didn't have problems and ran o/k ;)
https://www.windows10forums.com/search/1995850/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are you asking for help, or just complaining? If you're complaining, this is the wrong forum.
yes, sadly this forum worships at the feet of windows 10 and nothing more. the OP is correct and justified to moan. windows 10 is shambolic. every single update further damages my laptop, updates are coming thick and fast due to the poor state windows 10 was originally released in. all our home PC's are now laggy and a total displeasure to use. Microsoft have gone down the pan with this one, just like their god awful Lumia phones

Reaction score
This is a Windows 10 help site not a place to vent your displeasure with your inability to repair your computer. I have seen no helpful posts by stevej66 since he joined the forum in September. Just negative crap. If I were moderator I would lock this thread as it is just bait for the Windows haters.

Reaction score
This is a Windows 10 help site not a place to vent your displeasure with your inability to repair your computer. I have seen no helpful posts by stevej66 since he joined the forum in September. Just negative crap. If I were moderator I would lock this thread as it is just bait for the Windows haters.
and you have just proved my point, well done
furthermore i do not have to repair my PC, it is only damaged from windows 10

Reaction score
On a cheerier note I have received help from this forum and Microsofts' help desk. This forum is far superior.

Reaction score
I just put the Troll on my ignore list and no longer see its posts. Sorry you guys have to.

Last edited:

Ask a Question