Acronis

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Just thought I would pass this along....

https://store.acronis.com/882/purl-consumer-promotion-US?cart=162068&coupon=FebBundle_mail&recommendation=Ultimate&x-segmentation=Feb-mail1en-us162068&utm_source=NA-FY16-Q1-Feb-US-February_Bundle_seg1_2nd&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ati2016&mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRonvKnLce/hmjTEU5z17OgpXa61g4kz2EFye+LIHETpodcMT8FnNbrYDBceEJhqyQJxPr3AJdUN09lzRhPrDQ==

$30 bucks for Acronis True Image and Acronis Disk Director bundle is a pretty good price.
I don't think I would ever install that "System Mechanic Pro" on my system nor would I have much need for the PC Mover application either, but.....

True Image is a pretty good backup / disk image solution and Disk Director is an excellent disk / partition management utility.
Both provide the opportunity for creating rescue media from which you can boot your system and image, backup and or manipulate disks and partitions.
I've owned both for years over multiple versions and they're pretty good products.
I don't work for them, resell their products or make any money from them in any fashion.
I'm just an end user like everyone else and passing some info along in case anyone might be interested.
Not sure why they are bundling two thrid party products along with the offer, but....
$15 bucks each for True Image and Disk Director (throwing out the other two software products, which is what I would do anyway) makes it a pretty good deal and worth mentioning.

Reaction score
I don't like System Mechanic. For some things it tells you something is not right but won't say or describe what it is.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I don't like System Mechanic. For some things it tells you something is not right but won't say or describe what it is.
Agreed. I don't like most of those types of third party, suppose to cure all your ills, of programs. I wouldn't necessarily say that they all seem to do more harm than good, but a lot of them do.

Reaction score
If it is anything like Seagate DiscWizard 16, I will pass. I tried to use Seagate DiscWizard 16 for the last 6 months. I find it more difficult and confusing to control. I have gone back to Seagate DiscWizard 11*. Someone please tell me Seagate DiscWizard 16 is not a representation of Acronis UI, even though it is based on Acronis.

Seagate DiscWizard 16 has been split with a Disk Mode and a Partition Mode. In Disk Mode there is no options for selecting partitions. In Partition mode it is difficult to tell which Disk are being selected. It all has been automated to the point you no longer have control over the partition sizing either. I literally hate Seagate DiscWizard ver 16.

*As far as I know there is not a version between.

Reaction score
Several years ago I had windows 7 with word starter 2010. System Mechanic absolutely destroyed 2010. I eventually stumbled onto a review of System Mechanic which explained what was happening. Once I got rid of it word was OK again. For registry cleaners which I regard as Honest Abe's used cars I use Spyhunter which also had some negative reviews.

I like Mini Tool Partition Wizard which helped me to double boot and also to totally "Brick" a laptop when misused.

Ask a Question