Acronis and Insider Builds

Reaction score
Acronis True Image does not support Windows Insider Program builds (beta builds of Windows). Although, Acronis True Image usually works on beta builds, you might experience issues when using our software with these versions of Windows.

I was running an Insider build 17025 and ran into an incompatible issue Acronis would not backup, got a green screen with an error failed: win32kbas.sys....

Be warned....

Reaction score
I think I would be fine, that is if I was an insider. I don't use Acronis installed in Windows. User control is way too alien and doesn't allow me control over how I want to backup. I boot Acronis and backup while not logged into Windows. It is the safest way to backup.

With that said there are several different versions. Are you using the latest version of Acronis?

Reaction score
I think I would be fine, that is if I was an insider. I don't use Acronis installed in Windows. User control is way too alien and doesn't allow me control over how I want to backup. I boot Acronis and backup while not logged into Windows. It is the safest way to backup.

So do I and I am using still Acronis TI 2011 (my drives all have MBR instead of GPT). TI2012 and newer were able to backup GPT when booted....

Never had any issues even with Insider versions.

Reaction score
Still under investigation here, but I will get there (I'm a half full guy)

I reinstalled the Fall update for a friend yesterday. Nothing else changed. I thin decided to, initially, make a image of the raw install. When I attempted to boot, with an Acronis 2013 usb, and then a DVD, Acronis said it could not find a hard disk! (ssd) The os is running perfectly. When I browsed, I could see many were having the problem, with different flavours of Acronis. None of the solutions I have seen so far, worked.
Ah well. In the end I still have Eusus todo. That found the ssd.

Ask a Question