Adding Bluetooth to windows 10;Inspirion N4010

Reaction score
I am not sure if this a Dell issue. Currently, I am running W10 version 1607; Anniversary version and it is operating well so far.
I noticed while going thru the device manager that the Bluetooth drivers etc are missing. I would like to add these drivers however, I have read on Dell site that W10 anniversary updates are not available for this system. does anyone know of a work around or other options. I have seen driver's from another site but always a bit cautious downloading. Any thoughts anyone. Best wishes.

Reaction score
Does it have a built in Bluetooth device? What is the make and model of the Bluetooth? Is is part of the Wifi device?

Reaction score
Hi Tim, Thanks for your reply. Well I guess should have looked at if hardware was actually installed before I posted this question. Looking at the device manager under Network adapters I do not see any Bluetooth devices installed. I have Qualcomm Atheros AR 8152 PCI-E fast Ethernet and Broadcom DW WLAN card only. I know that i can look at USB Bluetooth. Thanks

Reaction score
My Lenovo laptop has Bluetooth integrated into the Intel WiFi device and I wondered if your Dell would have the same arrangement.

It would be worth looking up those devices.

Reaction score
My Lenovo laptop has Bluetooth integrated into the Intel WiFi device and I wondered if your Dell would have the same arrangement.

It would be worth looking up those devices.

thanks. I am looking at the Broadcom DW1501wireless N WLAN half mini card; under advanced description it has indicated "Bluetooth Collaboration" is that possibly the detail I need to reference?

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Thanks for your feedback i really appreciate it. Dell responded indicating that for this particular system W10 is not supported at least, for drivers and most other features. I have owned several Dell laptops and desktops for years but their support or lack of support is shocking. they indicated to search out the internet for a work around.Take care and thanks

Reaction score
Well the driver for dell are supplied by the actual maker of the card. Now sometimes the drivers are modified by the OEM. I would look on Broadcom's web site

Reaction score
Well the driver for dell are supplied by the actual maker of the card. Now sometimes the drivers are modified by the OEM. I would look on Broadcom's web site

Good Morning Jake B, Thanks. I was on the Broadcom site and did see the drivers for this card DW1501wireless N WLAN half mini, however, it is for W7 and I upgraded from W7 to my existing W10. I have not tried it out as yet I am uncertain if it is adaptable. Grizzly suggested the same driver.

Reaction score
Well if it doesn't work Amazon has Intel cards for cheap and they are usually easy to install. Just remember to attach the antenna back. They are like $ 25.00. I did that with an Acer i had in the past.

Reaction score
Well if it doesn't work Amazon has Intel cards for cheap and they are usually easy to install. Just remember to attach the antenna back. They are like $ 25.00. I did that with an Acer i had in the past.

Thanks, i'll look at that on Amazon and I am sure someone on you tube has posted a installation. thanks again

Ask a Question