Tool Bar - adding a printer icon

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Alyce,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you right-click on your Taskbar and select Settings a window will open.

In that window scroll to bottom and click on Select which icons appear on the taskbar

A new window will populate with items, one of which will be your installed Printer. Simple toggle on that printer and its icon will appear in your Notification portion of the Taskbar (also known as the System tray).

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
I find no printers at all in the list that populates. I need to print a nozzle check, Epson says R click on icon in tray. No icon in tray. I put a shortcut to the printer on desktop. Left or right click on that, still cannot get to the printer interface with "print nozzle check." Only a windows interface is available in settings and that is not the interface needed. I've been able to get this interface before, probably from the tray icon. How can I get to my printer interface or get the printer icon into the tray?

Reaction score
I find no printers at all in the list that populates. I need to print a nozzle check, Epson says R click on icon in tray. No icon in tray. I put a shortcut to the printer on desktop. Left or right click on that, still cannot get to the printer interface with "print nozzle check." Only a windows interface is available in settings and that is not the interface needed. I've been able to get this interface before, probably from the tray icon. How can I get to my printer interface or get the printer icon into the tray?

Reaction score
I had exactly this problem when I bought a new Windows 10 HP laptop. I used my very old Acer laptop to see if the icon was there and it was. Right clicked, found the nozzle check and cleaned the printer heads, no problem.

Reaction score
Here's what I have to do to print a nozzle check on my old Epson R260 printer:
1. Open Windows Settings, Devices, Printers & scanners.
2. Click on your printer's name and then click the 'Manage' button.
3. Select 'Printing preferences' from the list.
4. Open the 'Maintenance' tab on the Epson pop-up window. You should find 'Nozzle check' on the list that appears.

Your printer's interface may be different than mine, but if Epson is consistent, you should be able to find the Nozzle check in a Maintenance menu of some kind.

Good luck!

Reaction score
It seems Microsoft are using their Updates to impose new restrictions on access to functions that aren't Microsoft's. All reference to my Brother printer have gone and I can't find a way to add the printer to the taskbar. Worse, the remote help setup I paid for has been reduced to one of those exasperating systems where you have to conduct a typed correspondence and frequently change screens to follow instructions. Utterly useless. But just try getting onto a human being to complain!!

Reaction score
Do you not have the Feedback Hub icon on the Start menu? If so, have you used it? It was a default install on all of my machines.
1642911734282.png

Reaction score
It seems Microsoft are using their Updates to impose new restrictions on access to functions that aren't Microsoft's. All reference to my Brother printer have gone and I can't find a way to add the printer to the taskbar. Worse, the remote help setup I paid for has been reduced to one of those exasperating systems where you have to conduct a typed correspondence and frequently change screens to follow instructions. Utterly useless. But just try getting onto a human being to complain!!
I would uninstall whatever printer driver you have now and download and install the Brother printer driver from the Brother website.

Reaction score
Here's what I have to do to print a nozzle check on my old Epson R260 printer:
1. Open Windows Settings, Devices, Printers & scanners.
2. Click on your printer's name and then click the 'Manage' button.
3. Select 'Printing preferences' from the list.
4. Open the 'Maintenance' tab on the Epson pop-up window. You should find 'Nozzle check' on the list that appears.

Your printer's interface may be different than mine, but if Epson is consistent, you should be able to find the Nozzle check in a Maintenance menu of some kind.

Good luck!
I thought you had the answer for me but there is no Maintenance tab on my printing preferences tab. Nozzle check just doesn’t seem to exist. I have HP Windows 10 laptop and Epson tank L120 printer. Help someone!

Ask a Question