Windows GUI "Application Toolbar" buggy

Reaction score
Hey,

i have a problem with my windows 10 "toolbars" since 2 weeks.
I'm not sure how to explain it i think if you see the pictures you will understand my problem.

problem1.png Problem2.png

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem? (Don't want to recovery/reset my pc, did it 2 Months ago)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
i think if you see the pictures you will understand my problem
You're wrong. At least I don't understand your "problem".
I see an image which looks like it might be associated with your speaker icon in the notification area which appears to be "muted" or perhaps the wrong playback item is selected.
I see another image which would seem to be associated with a "Spotify" icon on the taskbar which if I'm correct is a digital media service, which may be related or may not.
Perhaps you could describe your problem in more detail
OR
Right click the speaker icon in the notification area and choose "Playback Devices" from the context menu and select the appropriate playback device (Speakers?) and set it as default.

Reaction score
Ok, I will try it.
First, the Windows Startbar was buggy and appeared wrong. (Like here https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/windows-10-gui.4514/)

Then someone told me it may help to reinstall the last program I installed. So i did it and everything worked like before (Only had to add the Windows 10 Docks/Squares/icons back on the Starbar)

But as I reboot my PC other Windows GUI bars don't work (see pictures)
I can NOT right click any program in the taskbar. There only appears a blank box. Before I could choose options like "pin to taskbar", "close window" etc. now there are only these two dark-/grey stripes (picture2).

The second GUI problem is the volume level icon. I selected the right playback item and the sound works perfect but I can't reduce/increase the volume with this icon (Only with my keyboard shortcuts). And if you can see the volume icon look really strange it's "muted" and "at the highest volume" at one time.
I could change the device with the little arrow up before now the bar is empty.
fa48e62e5b7f46d9b6456ae0c0832e58.png

But if i use the old "Windows Volume" (e.g if i change it in the Regedit) everything works.
b6b1ce3448884330b0ecd981503148a4.png

I have similar problems with the Windows 10 notifications. First, there was always a message like "screenshot saved" now it's empty
351fdb57e4f845f6b1a71925208445c8.png

Sorry that I didn't explain my problem earlier

Thanks for help

EDIT:
I tried to "sfc /scannow" like your explanation in the other thread but windows give me only the error: "Windows could not start the repair service"

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to perform and in-place upgrade repair. That is to say...... upgrade it again, overtop of itself from within your current install, just double click setup.exe in the installation media. Just be sure to check the little box to get updates as part of the upgrade process.
That will generally keep all your programs, data, drivers and such safe, but.....
I would still create a disk image before going forward.

Installation media can be obtained here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-WaTVja5C7z2Vs7q82apCPg)()

If you already have the ISO you can simply mount it from within Windows 10 and run setup.exe from there.

Neosmart has a pretty good article on it here https://neosmart.net/wiki/windows-10-repair-installation/
You can skip the first couple paragraphs where they are promoting their recovery CDs and drill down to the meat of the article below.

Reaction score
Ok, yes I thought I will have to do this.
I think maybe someone had an similar issue and I only have to change something in the windows registry or "reinstall" something.
Doesn't matter thank you again.
I will read through the article and let you know if it works

Ask a Question