Adding new and removing old admin account

Reaction score
Wife got a new PC and I now get old PC. It gets demoted to garage PC. Can't figure out how to so I can login with my win account. And will desktop same the same with same apps?

thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can't figure out how to so I can login with my win account
Have you tried simply going to Settings -> Accounts -> Left Column (Email & Accounts) and selecting "Add a Microsoft account"?
And will desktop same the same with same apps?
IF by "same" you mean, the same as the former desktop of the former account, then No.
A new account builds a new profile and with that new profile comes a new desktop.
IF you've been syncing "your" Microsoft account, then many of your settings will come along with that.
AND
Most if not all of the previous applications that have been installed will not be changed, although you may have to do some "Pinning" here and there to get things as you would like them.

Make sure that when you add the account that you ensure it's a member of the local administrator's group.
OR
Promote it from Standard user to Administrator using her old account.

Reaction score
How do I do this?
"
Make sure that when you add the account that you ensure it's a member of the local administrator's group.
OR
Promote it from Standard user to Administrator using her old account."

I'll give that a try and see what happens, and update here.

thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
How do I do this?
"
OR
Promote it from Standard user to Administrator using her old account."

I'll give that a try and see what happens, and update here.

thanks
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so....
Let's try this. Pretty much a step by step of adding and then promoting the new user from "Standard" user, to "Administrator".
10_1.jpg

10_2.jpg

10_3.jpg

10_4.jpg

10_5.jpg

10_6.jpg

10_7.jpg

Ask a Question