AMD Command message at startup?

Reaction score
I have an HP P6-2203A desktop that can be used for games but I have never used it for that. The message is that windows cannot find an AMD script. I've had the same thing happen a few years ago but it disappeared with an update after a few months or so? Can I delete the gaming part that I don't use somehow? It's called the Catalyst Control Center. Message reads, Windows cannot find, C:\ Program Files (x86)\AMDAVT\bin\kdbsync.exe

Last edited:

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
The Catalyst Control Center is the software to setup your GPU. Also, that software is the legacy (old) version. It's part of the driver package. The new software is called "Adrenalin".

I would just update the GPU driver if there is one available. There are 2 from HP from 2012. See link below.

Since the PC doesn't support windows 10, you'll need to use the windows 8 driver and install in compatibility mode.

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused here? My computer came with Win 7 64 bit and now runs Win 10 64 bit, are you sure I need to use the Win 8 driver to install in compatibility mode? I chose Win 7 64 bit and tried to update the original 2012 Graphic driver twice, both times failed?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused here?
Yep....see it all the time here....LOL!

So here we go; Yes, your computer came with windows 7. Yes, it upgraded to 10 manually or automatically. So that means your hardware was ok for 7 to upgrade to 10. Great, your computer now runs windows 10.

The confusion part; Your PC (laptop/destop), came with windows 7.....has driver support. 8 came out...your PC has driver support for 8 if one wanted to upgrade to 8. There is no driver support for windows 10.....from your PC's mfg. In your case HP.

That said....even though you can and are running Windows 10 on your HP tower, HP doesn't have any IT support for that OS....ie drivers. All that means is, Windows 10 is using generic drivers to, at the minimum, have a functional piece of hardware. That hardware company is not taking the time and money to invest in updating old tech. So new hardware, new drivers.

In some cases you have to use older drivers on a new OS and to get them to play nice, MS allows "compatibility mode". You trick the OS into seeing that the driver for what ever OS you need to work.

Reaction score
Do I need this driver to watch Youtube, movies, etc on my computer because I have never played games on it! So can I just delete the Catalyst control gaming software without affecting quality anywhere else? If not my CPU is an AMD A8-5500 with built-in APU with Radeon HD Graphics so can I get a driver for that?

Ask a Question