AMD GPU driver problem

Reaction score
hi.
im running windows 10 ltsc 1809 build 17763.1919 on hp elitebook 8460p.amd 6470m gpu
all drivers works fine and installed without problem.
but i think there is some issue with graphic driver, because gpu usage in task manager(procees hacker) is totally 0%.
and in chrome://gpu,Hardware accelerated is not available ,also in vlc and mpc .I did not have this problem on windows 7 or 8.1.
i downloaded and tested latest drives form amd website(ccc 15.7.1 and crimson 16.2.1) None of them were compatible!
so i had to install driver via windows update that Apparently it was compatible.
thanks for any help

Reaction score
Is this a recent issue on this PC or has it always been? Have you tried the graphics driver for your on HP's website? They don't have Windows 10 drivers, but maybe the Windows 8.1 drivers will work.
Here's a link to HP's support page. It will return no results, but if you click on "Try manually selecting your operating system", you can choose 8.1. Then click Driver-Graphics, and you'll be able to download the driver there. https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-8460p-notebook-pc/5056942

Reaction score
Is this a recent issue on this PC or has it always been? Have you tried the graphics driver for your on HP's website? They don't have Windows 10 drivers, but maybe the Windows 8.1 drivers will work.
Here's a link to HP's support page. It will return no results, but if you click on "Try manually selecting your operating system", you can choose 8.1. Then click Driver-Graphics, and you'll be able to download the driver there. https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-8460p-notebook-pc/5056942
yes its always on win 10, tested hp drivers too,same result!

Ask a Question