SOLVED Apple iPad cannot work properly with USB 3.0

Reaction score
I have Two USB 3.0 ports on side of my tablet pc and 5 USB 2.0 ports at the back of it.

My system information is

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063

System Model Dell Inspiron 23 Model 5348

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU Inspiron 23 Model 5348

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460S CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2901 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

But before installing some windows updates All the ports were working fine with my iPad and iPhone.

but

When I connect my iPhone or ipad in usb ports now, they appear in unspecified hardware on my pc.

AND When I trouble shoot it says

“Plug the device into an available USB 2.0 port, and click Next. Otherwise, click Cancel.”

After doing so it says

“Apple I pad cannot work properly with USB 3.0”

HOW COULD IT BE FIXED NOW

Reaction score
I just tried this on my Lenovo laptop with the power supply plugged in. Plugged in my Iphone 7 into a USB 3 port. W10 said 'setting up iPhone' the equivalent of setting up a new device on USB. Started up iTunes and all worked fine including charging the iPhone.

Plugged in my iPad 4 into the same USB 3 port it all worked but the iPad said 'not charging' Tried into a USB2 port on my desktop same.

So the only anomaly I see is that USB3 on the Lenovo ( not one of those special charging ports ) doesn't have the capacity to charge an Ipad. I didn't try USB3 on my desktop as those ports are difficult to get at.

Maybe your tablet USB 3 ports are not standard.

I am running 16281 which is the latest Insider version

Reaction score
I just tried this on my Lenovo laptop with the power supply plugged in. Plugged in my Iphone 7 into a USB 3 port. W10 said 'setting up iPhone' the equivalent of setting up a new device on USB. Started up iTunes and all worked fine including charging the iPhone.

Plugged in my iPad 4 into the same USB 3 port it all worked but the iPad said 'not charging' Tried into a USB2 port on my desktop same.

So the only anomaly I see is that USB3 on the Lenovo ( not one of those special charging ports ) doesn't have the capacity to charge an Ipad. I didn't try USB3 on my desktop as those ports are difficult to get at.

Maybe your tablet USB 3 ports are not standard.

I am running 16281 which is the latest Insider version

Ask a Question