I have moved on to a much better system Apple

Reaction score
I've moved on. After getting an iPad mini2 for Christmas last year I decided to replace our older desktop with a Apple Mac Mini.

Best decision I ever made. The Apple support group is great to work with. When they upgrade their system they only improve the operating system everything else stays the same. Apple costs a little more but it is worth it. They will be releasing their newest OS Sierra in the fall. I can't wait.

My wife and I could not be happier.

Reaction score
Sadly, I will be going Mac after this new version renders my computers useless. Freezing and restarting at will is not conducive to a normal workplace.

Reaction score
Sadly, I will be going Mac after this new version renders my computers useless. Freezing and restarting at will is not conducive to a normal workplace.

Nothing to be sad about. You will love Apple. The system knows what you want to do even before you know you want to do something. As Steve Jobs said, " we want our system to be intuitive and know what you want before you even know what you want". He was right.

Bif

Reaction score
Although I do love Mac, both systems have their inherent idiosyncrasies..better than is a very subjective statement, it's different in the same way as beers are..I can't stand Budweiser but I love a good Granville Island pale ale..all beer just put together differently.

Reaction score
Although I do love Mac, both systems have their inherent idiosyncrasies..better than is a very subjective statement, it's different in the same way as beers are..I can't stand Budweiser but I love a good Granville Island pale ale..all beer just put together differently.
Apple is a DEAD horse. SAMSUNG & others are eating their lunch!

Reaction score
Mac's are ok, except way overpriced for what you get. I would suggest Linux Mint. It will run on a "modern" PC, is pretty safe from virus', and there's a huge selection of free, open source software. Plus, with a little work, will run most Windows programs.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Samsung sure isn't "eating" anyone's lunch in the world of computers, so I suspect that would be a yes..... phones and another yes...... android phones which is hardly apples to apples comparison as Apples' phone offerings use their own iOS operating system.

Bif

Reaction score
Samsung sure isn't "eating" anyone's lunch in the world of computers, so I suspect that would be a yes..... phones and another yes...... android phones which is hardly apples to apples comparison as Apples' phone offerings use their own iOS operating system.
Agreed Trouble...

T_J

Reaction score
I have no problems with my Dell desktop (Windows 10 Home) or my older Dell desktop (Ubuntu).
The August 2016 data shows that Apple is not the most used.
Desktop OS - total market share
windows 7 -47.25%
windows 10 - 22.99%
windows xp - 9.36%
windows 8.1 - 7.92%
Mac OS X 10.11 - 4.38%
Linux - 2.11%
windows 8 - 1.82%
Mobile / Tablet OS - total market share
android - 66.87%
IOS - 27.20%
windows phone - 2.30%
https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0

Last edited:
Reaction score
I went Mac to Windows! Having been with Apple since 1996, I bought an iMac in 2011. After 9 months it started to have glitches such as programs refusing to open and requiring a restart, freezes and especially the wireless mouse's pointer going haywire and disappearing, requiring a restart to get it back. Sometimes three time a day! Three visits to the Apple Genius Bar solved nothing. At one time I had about three or four glitches per day out of 13 types of glitches.

I stuck to this patiently until 6 months ago when the mail program bombed which was the last straw. Having asked 9 Windows friends whether their machines gave trouble (answers: "No") I jumped ship. I now have a desktop Lenovo IdeasCentre 300, i5, and it just works.

With Windows 10, which I like and know well now, I have come to the conclusion that it is 95% as easy to use as a Mac. The 5% covers the fact that drag-and-drop does not operate quite as widely as on the Mac. It is not as elegant as a Mac but that is a subjective view, and is about half the price. Also, Apple are very dismissive of reported faults, in many cases not fixing them nor even acknowledging their existence. Worse than Microsoft? Too early for me to tell but probably not.

I think Windows 10 means Apple needs to be less sure of itself.

Bif

Reaction score
I only love Mac for Garage Band and ease of video editing... everything else in the OS is redundant.
Good or bad, I've been a Windows guy a helluva long time, and as much as I bitch and moan about issues that arise, they are nothing I can't work through and become slightly more knowledgeable in the end....I hope

Ask a Question