Windows 10 update removed my printers

Reaction score
I have a HP LaserJet 4050N, and a HP Color LaserJet 3600N both hard wired to my home network. Both printers work fine, and were installed until I recently experienced a rather big update for Windows 10. upon completion, both printers were gone. now I cant print anything. I have searched and searched for a solution and anyone with similar issues, but none can be found. How can I install or restore these devices ?

Reaction score
I just had the same exact thing happen to me overnight. I too, have not been able to find any help.

I am wondering if you were able to solve this problem or any help with it...

TIA,
MW

Reaction score
I'd use Settings, Devices and if the printer/s don't show just do an install. It may be best to download the current software from HP, it's what I'd do. I have an HP Laserjet Pro MFP M26nw and an HP Officejet Pro 8600 connected by Ethernet cable to my Wireless Router, have never disappeared following Version Upgrades and Build updates.

Reaction score
I'd use Settings, Devices and if the printer/s don't show just do an install. It may be best to download the current software from HP, it's what I'd do. I have an HP Laserjet Pro MFP M26nw and an HP Officejet Pro 8600 connected by Ethernet cable to my Wireless Router, have never disappeared following Version Upgrades and Build updates.

I tried this and am still not able to print. Complaints about problems with the printer setup. I also lost my "Adobe Print To PDF" and can't get that to work either. Busiest few days of the month for billing purposes and I can't print an invoice. WTF?

Reaction score
If you also are using network printers, press the Windows and "R" keys simultaneously, type "services.msc" into the "Run" box and click "OK". When the services applet starts, scroll down to "Function Discovery Provider Host" and "Function Discovery Resource Publication", double-click them, set their "Startup type" to "Automatic(Delayed Start)", click "Start", then "OK". Then try the printers.

Ben

Reaction score
If you also are using network printers, press the Windows and "R" keys simultaneously, type "services.msc" into the "Run" box and click "OK". When the services applet starts, scroll down to "Function Discovery Provider Host" and "Function Discovery Resource Publication", double-click them, set their "Startup type" to "Automatic(Delayed Start)", click "Start", then "OK". Then try the printers.

Ben

Thanks for the suggestion Ben. Unfortunately, this did not have any affect on the issue. I also tried restarting after making this change. Still no printers and can't even print from a new one.

Reaction score
How are the printers connected to the Network? Are you using Ethernet cables to the Router? Are you connecting via USB to one of the Routers that have such ports? Are the printers connected to a computer, may be known as a Print and File Server?

Reaction score
Nothing has changed with the printers. For instance, one of them is my Adobe "Print As PDF". Then I have an HP which has it's own IP address that I can reach from my browser. They just don't show up in the list of printers anymore. Other computers in the network have no problems seeing the network attached printers. It is only my desktop. So I have to resort to printing right now from my laptop...

Ask a Question