SOLVED Camera Applet Doesn't Recognize Android Phone

Reaction score
I can't get the Camera applet in Windows to recognize my android phone (LG G4). Windows sees the phone fine, I can transfer files back and forth, etc. Latest drivers, right USB cable, etc. When I open the camera app I get a black screen with the message "We can't find your phone." Camera finds my Logitech webcam just fine.

On the web, most of the Android issues with Windows 10 are connectivity problems, but that isn't my problem. Just a simple failure to recognize the phone.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Could it be an incorrect setting on the phone? Settings> PC connection> Select USB connection method...
My LG phone has 4 options:
Charge phone
Media sync (MTP)
Internet connection
Camera (PTP)

Reaction score
Could it be an incorrect setting on the phone? Settings> PC connection> Select USB connection method...
Charge phone
Media sync (MTP)
Internet connection
Camera (PTP)
I don't have a camera setting. I haNo, it's set properly (MTP), otherwise I wouldn't be able to transfer files between my phone and my PC.
Charge phone
Media sync (MTP)
Internet connection
Camera (PTP)

My phone has slightly different options. Instead of "Camera (PTP)", it has "Send Images (PTP), but that doesn't work either.

Reaction score
I don't have a camera setting. I haNo, it's set properly (MTP), otherwise I wouldn't be able to transfer files between my phone and my PC.

My phone has slightly different options. Instead of "Camera (PTP)", it has "Send Images (PTP), but that doesn't work either.
I have now tried it on three different Windows 10 PCs, two on Build 1607 and one on Build 1511. It doesn't work on any of them, so I must assume I'm missing some obvious setting on the LG. The fact that Windows finds it fine for transferring files means the drivers are working. I must have missed.

Reaction score
I have now tried it on three different Windows 10 PCs, two on Build 1607 and one on Build 1511. It doesn't work on any of them, so I must assume I'm missing some obvious setting on the LG. The fact that Windows finds it fine for transferring files means the drivers are working. I must have missed.
I'm now on the phone with LG support, and they are telling me that the Windows 10 PC Camera app will not work with the LG G4! I can only transfer files, not use the Camera app to actually control the camera. Does this sound right? It definitely doesn't sound right to me.

Reaction score
I'm now on the phone with LG support, and they are telling me that the Windows 10 PC Camera app will not work with the LG G4! I can only transfer files, not use the Camera app to actually control the camera. Does this sound right? It definitely doesn't sound right to me.
Got a reply from LG confirming that the G4 will not communicate with Windows 10 via the Camera app. Oh, well, it's not like something I'll do everyday, and there are plenty of third-party app out there that might fill the bill.

Reaction score
I think you can use some data transfer tools to connect your phone with computer or pc. If you have used airdroid, you can use a similar android file transfer tool, which support wireless data transfer.

Reaction score
I think you can use some data transfer tools to connect your phone with computer or pc. If you have used airdroid, you can use a similar android file transfer tool, which support wireless data transfer.
That's not the issue. I can transfer files just fine. I wanted the Camera app to connect to my phone in realtime, so I could take pictures or video via my PC. Just like I do with my webcam. LG says it's impossible, and I believe them.

Reaction score
I have the same problem, when I chose "PTP Camera" on android 10 (Realme11), the win10 pops up with a "lost connection" to the phone file acess.

Ask a Question