How to get photos from my Sony camera into my computer so I can store and use them.

Reaction score
I have about 2 dozen photos which I want to download from my Sony camera into my computer.

What software do I need? The camera is a Sony Cyber-Shot. It is probably about 7 years old.

The computer is an Acer, about 1-1/2 years old. I haven't tried before today to download photos from the camera to the computer.

Juliette Wiseman

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Did the camera not come with a cable for your computer??
I looked up on the Sony website and look up some Cyber-shot cameras, trying to find out what the specs and accessories are but it seems the site does not like firefox .
Does the camera you have not include some sort of memory card like a SD/SDHC card?? If this is the case, you could remove the card and use a card reader to transfer the photos.
Another way is to use a cable like an USB cable to connect the camera to the computer.
Since I do not know the exact model of your camera, I can't give you any more details on how to proceed.

Reaction score
Did the camera not come with a cable for your computer??
I looked up on the Sony website and look up some Cyber-shot cameras, trying to find out what the specs and accessories are but it seems the site does not like firefox .
Does the camera you have not include some sort of memory card like a SD/SDHC card?? If this is the case, you could remove the card and use a card reader to transfer the photos.
Another way is to use a cable like an USB cable to connect the camera to the computer.
Since I do not know the exact model of your camera, I can't give you any more details on how to proceed.

Ask a Question