Camera to laptop

Reaction score
When I plug in my Sony camera to my new windows 10 computer, the computer sees the camera but says there are no photos on the camera. Do I need to download an ap? Where do I go for it?

Reaction score
Does File Explorer see the camera as a disk drive? If so try opening the camera and see if there are any directories and what is in them.

Reaction score
No directions. It says there are no photos. One time it said there was an unzip problem.

Reaction score
When you were taking pictures with the camera did it have an Add-in SD or SDHC memory card? An SD card is more for older cameras and card readers with a limit of 2GB, the newer SDHC card [High Capacity] starts at 4GB and goes up in multiples, largest I have is 64GB. Was the camera set up to use Internal memory or that card? Some cameras will automatically switch to Internal memory if the card is missing. Do you have a card reader in the computer or an External USB Card Reader? I have gotten them at Wal*Mart for $10 or $20, works great to check what is on the card. One other thing, cards being used in a camera need to be formatted/reformatted in the camera, not in the computer as the camera may no longer recognize them.

Ask a Question