Are These Older Acer Models Supported by Windows 10?

Reaction score
I have two older work computers which are currently running windows 7. This is the model information that I could find for each of them:

• Acer Desktop, Veriton M6 Series, ID: VM680G - EI5650W.
  • Acer Desktop, Veriton M2 Series, M275.

I tried upgrading them to Windows 10 when it was first released, but it wouldn't install properly since it wasn't supported at the time and it messed up my computers so badly that I had to wipe them clean and reinstall Windows 7 (even with Microsoft tech-support we were unable to simply revert back to a previous version of Windows).

Since then I've been receiving daily alerts to download Windows 10 again. With the free version of the operating system expiring soon, I'm wondering if its been updated so that my computer models are supported now so that I can safely install it. I'm having trouble finding online whether or not these specific Acer models are supported. I'm just looking for some input on whether or not these models are supported yet and if I'm safe to try installing it again. I don't want to go through the same issues as before since these are important work computers and having to wipe them last time was a huge inconvenience.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Vinestone.

I used to write on the Acer forums three years ago. Like you, I am unable to find enough information on your two rigs to give a definite answer--in other words, Acer has abandoned both machines.

Acer laptops (I realize that you are referring to desktops) had difficulty upgrading from 7 to 8, and I openly advised people not to do it. In light of all the problems you had on your elderly machines, I advise you to pass on the upgrade as well.

Unless MS changes its policy, you can still upgrade them to 10 for free after July 29, because having done it once, you are licensed for the life of that machine. But I still advise you not to do it.

Reaction score
It is a big black whole in the upgrade advice. All the upgrade looks for on your computer is these minima:

Display:800x600
Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
Hard disk space:16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
RAM:1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
Processor:1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC

To find out if your computer can really accommodate Windows 10, you need to dig deeper (do-it-yourself!), on sites such as this

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/gp/oemcontact#

Reaction score
I just upgraded my grandkids old HP Pavilion a1130n from Win 7 to 10. Rather than dump it, I recycled it, they can keep it as a spare if need be. Is there anything older than a a1130n?

Reaction score
I just upgraded my grandkids old HP Pavilion a1130n from Win 7 to 10. Rather than dump it, I recycled it, they can keep it as a spare if need be. Is there anything older than a a1130n?
Good Heavens, Norton. That's a budget XP desktop! It started with 1 gig of RAM, upgradable to 4 gigs. If I may ask, how much RAM does it have and how well is it running 10?

Reaction score
As far as I am concerned Windows 7 will be the last good OS Microsoft ever created. They will have to pry it out of the cold, dead hands of my computer. ;)

Reaction score
Vince
I haven't really thoroughly tested it performance and most likely wont. I basically saved it from the recyclers. I will give it a test later and keep you guys posted. The point I was trying to make was Yes! older PC's are upgradeable, This Pavilion could possible be 10 years+? To answer your question, it has an AMD 64 Athlon processor and a whopping 3GB RAM LOL. For the upgrade I formatted the 205GB Sata HD; Installed Win 7 Home and directly installed Win 10 and set up a local user account.

Ask a Question