Attachments slow to download in mail

Reaction score
Using Gmail with Windows10 mail client, attachments take very long time to download. Using gmail directly they download quickly. Appears problem is with Windows 10. Any help appreciated.

BTD

Reaction score
Same problem. Attachments instantly available when I view email on iPhone but take forever to download in Windows mail. Is there a way to correct this??

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Claire Harris and BTD and welcome to the forum.
I wish I could tell you that the Mail App in Windows 10, was feature rich and robust and would do everything you ever wanted with respect to a mail client, but.....
I can't, well I could but it would be less than truthful.
What I've found to be a better substitute is actually the old Windows Live Mail client which is part of Windows Essentials.
You can get that from here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/essentials
And if you'd like choose only to install the Live Mail App and forego the others.

I keep hoping that the Mail App that is native to Windows 10 will at some point become a more usable mail client, as it seems to get an update or two practically every week, but so far it doesn't seem to be quite there yet.

Ask a Question