Win 10 Mail can not down load attachments

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
Since creator up date I cannot down load attachments PDF and so on. Any one have a ideal on how to fix?
I have seen some that would wipe out what emails I have sent. Any way around that happening ?

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
Reaction score
Try this first:

Open settings - Apps.
Scroll down to the Mail and calendar entry.
Click it and then, in the next options, "Advanced Options"
Click that and then "Reset"

Reaction score
As Wolfie mentioned, run Windows Troubleshooter. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot. It will check your mail app for problems.
Troubleshooter.PNG

Reaction score
Another offer:

Click the cogwheel in Mail, in ordr to open the settings.
Scroll down to "Reading" and click in.
Scroll down again to "External content" and tick the box "Apply to all accounts", then put the next item "ON" (Automatically download external images), and, "Show sender pictures in the message list"

Reaction score
There was also another cumulative update (KB4032188) in the last few days, try running updates again?. :)

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
There was also another cumulative update (KB4032188) in the last few days, try running updates again?. :)
Best I can figure out its a Pop3 issue with Mail app , I can see and down load attachments using my SBC mail software . Service registration is missing or corrupt according to one site I went too that scanned my computer for a price will fix that I am not willing to pay. Since Creator update caused the problem 1703. I can not find a troubleshoot to fix service issue so far

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
finally gave up trying to fix went to Microsoft help . Must have taken three hours for a tech level two person to fix I think? App would not uninstall by itself they had to and now the down load opens threw Edge. Waiting for a email to come with attachment to verify its fixed. The app threw settings app utility still shows Mail app can not be uninstalled or moved. At least they know there is a issue hope they fix it before fall up date.
Isn't wonderful being forced to up date, I let that Tech know my feels on that.

Ask a Question