Merge Mail slowed down with update to Win10 v 1703

Reaction score
After the Creators update of Win 10 a merge mail that used to work fine, now takes an hour or more to perform. I'm using MS Office Small Business 2007 with Business Contact Manager. I have seen the same slow-down on both a 32 bit and 64 bit version of Windows 10 version 1703. In Word 2007 I have the merge document with Outlook 2007 Contacts as the data file with >1000 Contacts in the .PST file. It used to take about 10 seconds to perform the merge in Win 10 version 1607, but now takes >60 minutes. What is slowing down the merge process in version 1703?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Danduda,

I do nor personally know why Creator build is doing this for you, however there is a current Microsoft thread on this issue for another guy using Office 365 where some solutions are beginning to come through.

If no one else here can help you I'd recommend taking a look here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s-update/a2ca4154-6260-4e5e-9080-434e9dd368cf

See if you can make contact with that Rodney Zhang MSFT Forum Moderator, as he appears to be actively investigating this issue. Or contact Felix Tao MSFT who provides a Private Message link in his responses as he too appears to be actively investigating this issue with Creator and Merge Mail.

If you scroll to bottom of page 1 you'll see how the person with the problem has mitigated the issue with IT support at work, and on page 2 of thread, someone else has made a suggestion that helps too.

Both these temporary work-arounds until they figure out exactly what is going on may help you on your edition too.

Ask a Question