SOLVED Merge external drive Petitions

Reaction score
I removed an HD from my broken laptop and installed it in an external case. My question is how can I merge the
Petitions into one logical drive? I have just purchased Acronis but lost on the how-to at this time

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is there any critical data on the drive?
IF so, you should probably back that up before doing anything with respect to the partitions on the drive as they currently exist.
Acronis??
Acronis Disk Director? That is Acronis' version of their drive manipulation utility.
IF, all you want to do is set the drive up as one big warehouse to host backups or other data, you could use the native Disk Management utility from within Windows to delete the existing partitions and format the entire thing as one ntfs volume.
You should probably explain in a bit more detail, as to what your goal(s) might be.
And whatever you decide to do, make sure that you are directing your action at the correct physical drive so as not to inadvertently wipe your Operating System.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Then......
Right click the start button and choose Disk Management
Again, make absolutely sure you are dealing with the correct disk.
If your disks / partitions are labeled that should be relatively simple to accomplish but it's still very important so as not to hose your OS.
Select the partitions on the disk, right click and choose delete until the disk has only unallocated space. The right click and create new.

Ask a Question