Audio Dolby Digital

Reaction score
I'm probably not the first with problems with Windows 10 audio settings. My problem Realtek® ALC892 Digital Output works well. And also "Supported Formats" > "Dolby Digital" 5.1 works fine. The "Encoded formats" > "Dolby Digital"> "Test" plays a sound 1 by 1. Unfortunately this is the only place where this works. Not with "Sample Rates", "Advanced" or other Software.

I understand that Advanced also needs to include "Dolby Digital", but I can't find it.

By the way, I have the same problem with "Sound Blaster Z".

How do I resolve this issue?

Attachments

• Realtek Digital Output - Advanced.png
    Realtek Digital Output - Advanced.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,129
  • Realtek Digital Output - Supported Fromatats.PNG
    Realtek Digital Output - Supported Fromatats.PNG
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,208
  • Realtek Digital Output - General.PNG
    Realtek Digital Output - General.PNG
    14.4 KB · Views: 787
  • Sound Playback.PNG
    Sound Playback.PNG
    15 KB · Views: 806
Reaction score
Hi Wobbo,

your default device appears to be an optical device (DVD drive maybe?) rather than the normal built in audio?. Choose the top one (highlight and click on "Set Default") and try it again. Are the speakers connected via a normal audio jack?.:

:)

Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you for your time. :) It works fine. I hear get audio 2.0 from the Sony speaker. It is about that Windows does not send the audio as Dolby Digital 5.1 but only 2.0. While when I Test "Dolby Digital" in sound setting it workst 5.1. There is no, non, 0 can use 5.1. No YouTube, no game, nothing, just 2.0.

Any idea?

Images below to understand more what I mean:

Motherboard:

Windows:

"Dolby Digital" in sound setting:

Cable:

Attachments

• 2019-05-23 10.46.47 min.jpg
    2019-05-23 10.46.47 min.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 448
  • 2019-05-23 10.44.42 min.jpg
    2019-05-23 10.44.42 min.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 420
Reaction score
Hi Wobbo,

I gotcha now, check in BIOS to see what sound settings your mobo has!. ;)

Reaction score
What should I look at? This is the audio options in the BIOS:

HD Audio Controller
[Enabled]
Enables the High Definition Audio Controller.
[Disabled] Disables the controller.

Front Panel Type
[HD]
Sets the front panel audio connector (AAFP) mode to high definition audio.
[AC97] Sets the front panel audio connector (AAFP) mode to legacy AC’97

SPDIF Out Type
[SPDIF] Sets to [SPDIF] for SPDIF audio output.
[HDMI] Sets to [HDMI] for HDMI audio output.

Reaction score
I'm not sure if that connector you are using is SPDIF but I would try enabling that in BIOS and see if that helps, I cannot see anything else apart from checking the Sound Settings again after you have it enabled!. :)

Reaction score
In cases like this, the problem may be in the receiver and not the output. It may be limited by electronic and possibly legal means. I don't suppose your country might have some effect..

You might try plugging the Optical output into another device that has a 5.1, or more, output capability. I see the speakers are showing 5.1 so do you have that model number for the Sony Speaker system? I can't remember what the Dolby symbol with the PL II means, so I will have to look that up.

One other thing I notice is the Output Jack information. It is showing a single jack with "Rear Panel Optical Jack". My system, even though I am not using the Optical shows "L R Rear Panel Optical Jack". It may not really mean anything but it might indicate some differences.

Reaction score
Oh, one other thing. There should be some type of sound mixer to set up the speakers. Have you checked that to make sure the speakers are showing as 5.1?

Sound.JPG

Last edited:

Ask a Question