Audio Out Lottery

Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

Has anyone encountered a problem with Win 10 getting confused between the different audio out selections made from the 'speaker' icon on the taskbar? I only have two choices but when I select one, the other works, ....and the opposite, ...and sometimes they both do the same. Then the next day it changes. Could there be duplicate .ini's causing the problem? Where would they be? Any ideas? The selections affect how one of my DAWs work, as well.

Win 10 Home
Acer quad-core
Aspire XC-704
10.0.17134 Build 17134
RAM 8.00 GB

Reaction score
Hi Sound22Card,

what device is set as default?:

sound default.JPG

Control Panel > Sound > Playback. :):):)

Reaction score
I've tried every combination. I want my interface to be the default, but since reading another blog, I tried making my video monitor's speakers the default. They felt it was wrong to make your interface the default. Seems like Win 10 get a hold of one set of drivers and doesn't want to let go.

Reaction score
Open Control Panel > Device Manager then click the sound device tab and then right click the object you want to remove (Audio inputs & outputs) and remove it, restart your PC and it will reload the drivers for it!. :):):)

device manager.JPG

Ask a Question