USB audio and 3.5mm audio problem

Reaction score
When i connect my usb headset with microphone, the built-in 3.5mm audio on motherboard and all the 3.5mm devices are not working until i remove the usb. What should i do to have both types working same time?

Reaction score
Hi Marios,

have you checked in Control Panel > Sound to see what devices are being addressed?:

sound settings.JPG

Click on "Properties" and/or "Configure" after highlighting one of the entries to play around with the device settings. :):):)

Reaction score
Hi Marios,

did you click on "Set Default" for your desired default device in the sound settings window?. :):):)

Reaction score
Hi Marios,

did you click on "Set Default" for your desired default device in the sound settings window?. :):):)
I know how set desired device as default but i want all devices work same time with the usb devices that close the
3.5mm audio devices.

Reaction score
I know how set desired device as default but i want all devices work same time with the usb devices that close the
3.5mm audio devices.
I am not sure if you can run more than one sound device at the same time if that is what you are trying to do?, maybe headphones and speakers would work together, running another device would most likely require the setting of the other device to default?. ;)

Reaction score
I am not sure if you can run more than one sound device at the same time if that is what you are trying to do?, maybe headphones and speakers would work together, running another device would most likely require the setting of the other device to default?. ;)
Yes i want to work together as i have put a splitter to 3.5mm devices. 3.5mm sound devices work together but when you plug a usb device it stops all 3.5mm devices and maybe other
usb audio devices also - haven't tested the last yet. This is the way Windows works.

Reaction score
HI Marios,

have you run the sound trouble-shooter in settings?:

upload_2018-10-7_6-7-50.png

I am not sure what else to suggest?. :(

Reaction score
Have you installed the Windows Update KB4516421?

This is a fix for USB microphone issues. You might try that to see if it helps.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Yes i want to work together as i have put a splitter to 3.5mm devices. 3.5mm sound devices work together but when you plug a usb device it stops all 3.5mm devices and maybe other
usb audio devices also - haven't tested the last yet. This is the way Windows works.
No....you can't do this.....by default windows only allows you to use one sound device at a time. This hasn't changed since XP. That said, I don't know if there is any aftermarket hardware that will allow this.

Ask a Question