SOLVED USB Audio Codec not showing when pluggin in ZED Sixty-14FX

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I previously used a Mackie ProFX12 mixer. When I plugged the usb in to my desktop, I have the option to choose USB Audio Codec.

I purchased Allen & Heath Zed Sixty-14FX interface and when I plug it into the desktop, I don't get USB Audio Codec in playback devices or under device manager.

I plugged the Mackie back in and the USB Audio Codec shows up fine. I plugged the Zed Sixty-14Fx in a tablet and the USB Audio Codec works fine. When I go back to the desktop, it doesn't show up.

I'm not sure what to do to force the USB Audio Codec to show on my desktop when I plug in the new mixer (Zed Sixty-14FX). Does anyone have any ideas? I'm trying to avoid a pristine refresh of windows 10.

Reaction score
I think I got it fixed. I looked at devices and printers and USB Audio Codec was there. Properties showed it was related Steinberg (another audio interface I used). I uninstalled Steinbergs UR44 software and their USB driver and when I plugged the new mixer in, the problem was fixed. Thanks everyone for looking at this post.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you managed to resolve your problem.
Thank you very much for the follow-up information.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question